NEW IMPROVED: FOCBOX | Official Thread

aaaand there we go:

1 Like

I recently brought VESC-X and Space battery pro from enertion and I was wondering I need to get a regulated power supply in order to configure the VESC-X for the first time. In the VESC guide, it was highly recommended to do so, but as I recall Chaka thinks that you only need to do this when powering up for the first time. I believe onloop said all the VESC-X have been tested before shipping. So does this mean I can use the space battery to power up the VESC-X for configuration without bricking it?

Also on the VESC-X it says “V1.3”. Is this the firmware version or just the version number of the VESC-X? If so where can I find the firmware version of the VESCX I have?

Very first thing you want to do is to solder your motor lead connections and ISOLATE them properly with heat shrink.

You should be ok to just power it up with your SCP4.

That is the hardware version

download the BLDC tool, connect it to your computer, it will be firmware 2.18

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

How are you guys connecting the receiver wires. With the connector I have it doesn’t fit in my enclosure

you could solder directly to the pins, bend them a bit or use an angled connector like these ones

Thanks, ill solder them on

Be careful to properly apply heatshrink, I recall someone shorting the pins and ruining his vesc.

Thanks for the tip

it does not have bluetooth directly, but it as UART, so you can use a bluetooth-serial dongle to connect to your phone. there’s a few threads about this. check it out in the search bar

Why are the VESC-X files not available anymore?

http://www.enertionboards.com/how-to-build-eboard/vesc-x-design-files/

You can’t add it to cart

LOL LIVE CHAT TRANSCRIPT:

Lachlan: I’d like the vesc x files please

Jessica M I am sorry but we are sold out on that item

Lachlan: Sold out? It’s a downloadable file?

3 Likes

HAHAHAHA Sorry but we are sold out of all the free stuff!

3 Likes

Hey guys :slight_smile: Just received a couple VESC-X. Immediately wired it up and I’d want to try FOC now. No other reason besides that for getting them.

Whats the general consensus on this ? Is this FOC Proof if you don’t fk up the BLDC-Tool Setup ? I couldn’t find any threads regarding FOC failure and VESC-X

Runs smoothly for me since about January, on two vescs since march or so

can someone please tell me what the pinouts are for the uart - the stickers are faded on mine.

2 Likes

@lox897: do you have the design-files still?

awesome - thanks bud.