New lipo or same old crap? Thoughts?

Article

Product Page

What do you guys think about these?

Well, that’s definitely a very interesting type of terminal. Seems versatile, anyone willing to take the plunge?

1 Like

I don’t know how much it is. I also don’t know Japanese so… But looks interesting for sure

This type of terminal has been standard for almost a decade in 1/10 touring cars. Lipo ratings in that industry are extremely overrated. I have some Nosram 2s 6200mAh packs that are supposedly 65C that puffed after a few races. Their internal resistance was higher than 40c turnigy packs.

4 Likes

150C on a 7400mah? Either the best lipo ever or another big lie. I hope someone who is not me tests It for science. I hardly believe It.

1 Like

Yeah appears to be overrated can’t really find any other batteries from the company so would be pretty suspect of that 150C but the hard shells and 4mm bullet connectors seem nice.

I agree. I have 90c Graphenes and the most I have been able pull is about 50-80A as suppose to the advertised 300+A. But even if this is true 60-75C that’s still a lot no?

1 Like

20190126_004512

You can’t really tell from the picture but they are so puffed their shape is closer to round

1 Like

At 40V or so we’re typically using if you need to deliver say 2000W or 2kW from battery you’re looking at 50A discharge. That said higher (actual) C rating is going to mean less internal resistance in the cells which means less heat loss and less degradation from high current charge/discharge.

1 Like

But but but this is Japanese not Chinese… So must be legit right? :joy::joy:

1 Like

And Nosram is German. Marketing guys lie regardless of their nationality.

1 Like

Yeah I’m just joking.

1 Like

I know you were, unfortunately there are people that would believe bogus claims from a good marketing department, regardless of the lack of any scientific data.

2 Likes

On the other hand though I have 5000mAh Lipos that have proven to be able to supply 120A. Of course this is only 24C and not even constant.

1 Like

$116.80 x 5 = $584 + shipping from Japan for a 10S 7400mAh

5 Likes

+custom duties… I almost prefer being raped. Oh …wait… there’s no difference!

3 Likes

Oof that’s rough.

I was referring to the 4mm plugs + hard shell, I didn’t know that was fairly common anyways.

1 Like

It is a great way to save space and weight on a 1/10 TC. It is also a great way to connect the bullets in reverse polarity and fry the esc (of course I would have never made that mistake :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

1 Like

Isn’t @hoeksame1 from Japan? Maybe he can get us some details!