New small Smart BMS with bluetooth (small like Daly 15A/20A)

Hi!

I have used the “Smart BMS with bluetooth” (JBD with Xiaoxiang app) since 2019 in one of my DIY boards because I have room for it there. But not all batterycases can support such a bulky BMS, so many people use the smaller (nonSmart) Daly BMS.

Today I stumbled over a new smaller version of the JBD Smart BMS that accually have very similar size to the Daly BMS.

62 x 50 x 9 mm - Daly 12S 15A BMS (with balancing)

63 x 52 x 12 mm - JBD 7-14S Smart BMS with built in bluetooth

This new JBD BMS is something I like to use instead of the Daly. With Daly you get a waterproof case which you do not get with JBD BMS, but with JBD you can connect to the BMS with an app and check your battery status or change settings and so on. I do not know if this small version have the “static balance function” that its bigger brothers have. But with good cells, that might nog be a function you need to use anyway.

Today I ordered 2 versions of this BMS to test. One 7-13S 20A and one 7-14S 30A. And they are supposed to be the same exact size… Time will tell :slight_smile:

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006076741167.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.2.5c56f19cOKNVdm