NEW - SPACE CELL PRO3 & PRO4 - Plus Tough Case

Hi Onloop (I’ll keep this name for now - even I would know the real: who cares what I’m wiriting here… no offence!!!)

Well, I’m the guy, watching what is happening in the world and just write, when it’s worth it…

I’m from Switzerland (who cares?!) and I am happy, you give proper information NOW to all the folks out there!!! You’re doing best! compared to the others!!! big respect to all your activities! I would like and it would me pleasing to meet you anytime. You’re warming welcome in Switzerland any time! I got father too - a time ago… Your concept with resellers is interesting (for some good guys out there - like longhairedboy - good guy as much I read!)

Let me give you a little feedback - in the good way!

Make more things opensource, and give the good guys out there more transparency. Gibe me the chance to make a p.e. : http://hartzivmoebel.blogspot.ch/ or the whole FabLab Project startet with the MIT (you know what that means - for all other: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fab_lab)

We all should get together and help us!

I’m an electronic technician and now a cheap system engineer (who cares again ?!) and it would appreciate to help!

best regards and do further nice stuff like this! Urs (latin word for bear - only used in Switzerland; but typical for Switzerland)

thanks for the kind words… I plan to release more & more things open source. All in good time.

1 Like

Do the tough cases also have room to encase two VESC’s in addition to the cells?

Just wondering since the external dimensions of the pro3 and pro4 are the same, yet the pro3 theoretically has more internal free space with less cells.

YES SIR!.. maybe you missed it

1 Like

Hey @onloop, I see on your website that the new batteries will be shipping from 20th April, is the ETA for the separate enclosure the same as well or will these be available earlier? I’m assuming you won’t need to do the same amount of testing on them before shipping them to customers compared the batteries themselves?

that is when the final production run for hard shells will be ready.

Any recommendations on hardware for the mounting holes as far as size? Thx

1 Like

Is the battery wiring setup to allow two VESC’s to be plugged in or does it need a Y adapter? Any pictures showing how the VESC’s mount into the enclosure?

Hey @onloop any update on when the new enclosures will be available? My board is finally up and running, now I just need something to hold everything to the board :smiley:

@onloop I need to know which connectors does the Space Battery have (4mm, 5.5mm or XT-60). Since I’m buying this VESC http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/vedder-s-speed-controller with integrated conectors.

Thanks Jason!

XT60

sorry or the delay

@onloop Have these started shipping?

no, not yet…

which bms are you using for this?

When will they ship if i order one tomorrow ?

they are still being made

any expected date to start shipping these beuaties? The world needs them!!!

1 Like

@onloop seeing all these delayed responses is poor CS and ultimately disappointing. I understand how hard it is for you to run this by yourself but at least be transparent. What is your realistic timetable? Saying “No not yet” “still being made” is just dodging the questions. You’ve offered a refund for your products but that again dodges the problem. I purchased knowing there’d be a high possibility that the items will be delayed due to past issues. That being said, it’s slightly disheartening coming back to this site every few days hoping to see an updated timetable only to be given the above responses instead.

2 Likes

Yes. @onloop please update.

fuck… you impatient bastards… (that’s a joke, sort of)

I’m literally only a few days overdue, that’s pretty good considering my normal track record…

There were some issues with the original design, I had to redesign it, so yes delays… ALSO, i can’t get battery samples into Australia ATM so its fricken complicated… how do I test it?

this is a completely unique product that has never been made before… shit takes time.

& I prefer not to rush it too hard and end up with a pile of shit…

you want a date? early may.

1 Like