New TB110 Really Big Wheels

Weird, out of left field question.

Do you think these would handle the wear and tear as a wheel on a 1:5 helacial gear setup?

I’m really looking to have a urethane option for my board, but I have to make sure the wheel is worthy (sorry to doubt Dexter, I just think it’s alot to ask of a soft urethane wheel).

What do you think?

And tbf with such a high ratio and “small” wheels I would be turning the settings down… So… If that impacts your answer… :joy::joy:.

Thanks for the help :pray::pray::pray:

Also designing a quick switch adapter for the jenso drive is on my list of to dos :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

These cores are super-strong. I don’t think you’re going to break the cores. If that’s what you’re asking. I’d much rather do something like that on this or a Boa wheel than on other very popular brands with spoked cores. The wheel will definitely break traction before anything breaks. Definitely.

3 Likes

110mm is the new frontier. Something less …will be uncivilized!

4 Likes

110mm is big, but the contact patch is part of what makes these. They are super wide

20181028_223656

3 Likes

Thick, wide, bouncy, large. Heck! I say the limit for big uro wheels should be between 110mm to 135mm.

1 Like

the interesting thing is there is a large brand that use the same core (if this is the same core, im making assumptions here) that have found that the core is not strong enough for wheels past 85mm. They are reevaluating and will come to market with their own bigger wheels but it will not be with the kegel pulley as we know it.

Great reply, just want I needed to hear :slight_smile:

Time to ask Jenso what the clearance will be :eyes:

1 Like

@BigBrit You might be referring to another core. Kegel cores have been tested on 90mm and 100mm for a long time now and there’s no mention of the cores failing.

4 Likes

Im so excited to get these, originaly got popacas trying to save money but with the amount of praise @b264 has been giving these I just had to get them.

1 Like

Who are you talking about? Because if it’s Kegel, that sounds like facebook marketing jive designed not to be truthful, but only to keep the cash flowing since they don’t offer any options past 85mm.

The kegel-style core is very, very strong. I’ve never had a loose bearing seat in a kegel core. Additionally, making the core bigger for a bigger wheel might certainly lower the cost but at the expense of polyurethane depth. This TB110 wheel has deep polyurethane – and at 31mm deep, it’s unmatched by any other wheel on the market. Sure, increasing the core size would lower the production cost but I don’t think it would make a better longboard wheel. The kegel-style Labeda core is extremely strong. It’s much stronger than spoked cores.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is that the kegel is much stronger than the abec? Just to be clear. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@torqueboards @b264 im not refering to another core, im refering to the kegel core. All I said was a large producer of wheels have tested them and say they are not suitable for large diameter wheels im not trying to do torqueboards down, the wheels look amazing guys.

lol i had 2

2 Likes

The kegel-style Labeda cores are very suitable for these wheels.

Do you have any test results with malfunctioning cores? Why is the name of the company a secret?

Actually, it just sounds like hot-air facebook marketing jive designed to keep the cash spigot on because they don’t feel like innovating right now. Too much work.

Loaded boards

Edit - wow you guys are so defensive. These are not my comments or based on any of my knowledge of the situarion. I just wanted to say thats what I have been told

No, it’s just we’ve seen the Moment Wheels marketers around here already and we know they are 100% marketing and 0% wheel science

That’s also called Fake News, Bullshit, Snake Oil, or Conman

1 Like

The reason why they don’t want to go with a kegel core is because they obviously want their own custom core that would be solely their own. Honestly, I don’t know why they didn’t do that in the first place considering how big of a company they are.

1 Like

Yes, they don’t want you to be able to change their wheels. They want you vendorlocked. This has nothing to do with which wheel core is better at riding on the road, and everything to do with which wheel core steers the most money their direction.

1 Like

Thats not what they have said to me, they said they have been evaluating it and they do not think the core is strong enough for bigger wheels. I could pull a quote.

Ive been here for nearly 2 years, built a few things and been hanging around a bit. Your attitude isnt conducive to good debate guys. Calling out fake news, bullshit snake oil or conman because someone goes against the hive mind is a bit shit.

Edit, and yes they will bring out their own pulley. The only way they could vendor lock you is by building the pulley into the wheel so I dont think its that

A claim that hasn’t even happened or not even a single known issue. Isn’t really a debate either.

Personally, I see no issue with a kegel core for a 110mm wheel and/if not even larger. Any issues, we’ll give you a brand new set + your money back.

I guess, eventually we’ll find out what the real motive is behind why they said that.

10 Likes