Newbie electric longboard questions - help desperately needed!

@AutoHax0r , gotta agree with @onloop its a very good deal. All my future boards are going to be using that system.

I’m back guys!

Would this battery be good for my e-board?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_84150__MultiStar_LiHV_High_Capacity_6S_10000mAh_Multi_Rotor_Lipo_Pack_EU_Warehouse.html

I’m a bit concerned about the discharge rate, but since it’s so many milliamps, it may work?

I’m going with:

150A Car ESC 2400w Motor

Thanks!

10000 mah … 10c

I’d pass

I’d look for something at least 25c and higher

Split the pack to two 5000 mah or 6000mah What U have is a brick

1 Like

I semi-agree with @Michaelinvegas, but I have used these batteries in a couple of boards without an issue. I think as long you don’t push it too hard you would be fine. If you plan on full throttle runs you’d definitely be better with a higher discharge.

1 Like

Lol who wouldn’t push their board too hard?

Get a higher c rating so you don’t have to ride like a little girl (I have two little girls so I should know) lol

2 Likes

How about 2x http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=35811

Thanks

Are you calling me a little girl? :sob:…Agreed.

1 Like

Hahahh never my brother…

But 10c ugh so many other better packs out there

Boom…and you just doubled your c -rating by doing two batteries… See that was painless

1 Like

You are going 8s? What 150a Car ESC you using?

I’m actually not sure. Does Hobbyking have some good stuff?

The only 8s ESC’s on HobbyKing I would suggest would be the HobbyWing MAX6 or MAX5. I have had two of the Turnigy 8s car ESC’s and both had problems.

Actually, do you think 8s is worth it over 6s? Considering prices for ESC’s. Is there a big difference in speed?

I’d say punch in all your variables into this calculator: http://toddy616.blogspot.com/2013/07/electric-skateboard-calculator.html?m=1

I predominantly use 6s.

2 Likes

I’m thinking this is one of the first stops before you buy anything…I wish I knew abt that calculator before I started this darn thing

1 Like

Update:

Got my 9mm pulley today. I tried attaching a photo with it, hope you guys can see it?

It does look quite thin, but I hope it’ll work out. Sort of regretting buying it this instead of 15mm.

Thoughts?

I weigh 100 kilo and use a 9mm on a single motor. Its fine.

'Bout to pull the trigger on an Alienpower motor, but what is a sensored motor?

Cheers

Does 12 miles on a 10s3p sounds about right? (thats what im getting)

Dual 6355 190 kv Dual VESC Kegal wheels 32 tooth wheel pulley 14 motor pulleys

Hi,

last week I had the honor to check out an dual motor esk8 and I was overwhelmed by the power and speed.

Because of limited budget I won’t be able to build such a rocket what I had under my feet last week, so my question is: Which motor would you recommend or are there any other motors not mentioned which will do perfectly well in a hilly area and need for around 35 km/h topspeed.

Thx in advance for every answer.

Regards

Chris