News to the Name VESC

Do I hear red anodised aluminium enclose LongHairedESC’s with laser engraving?

3 Likes

Yes Please. @longhairedboy you would have a customer for that.

1 Like

@mmaner step away from the keyboard. Go for a ride. Life is fucking awesome.

1 Like

I’ve read the whole thread if that’s what you mean. Or maybe your saying you being a dick is a result of trampa/ben’s actions. That’s the thing with using uncommon words in place of the simple (english 101 will teach you not to do this btw) you tend to lose the meaning of what you’re trying to say. As for me stiring up shit, I’m not the one disregarding anything anyone is trying to say to me and repeating it over and over. You’ve had months to have a problem with this, and it was not a secret as you try to make out, just secret to you apparently. The way VESC was being used by anyone that could piece together Ben’s design whether it be with quality parts or just absolute shit, that was destroying the name and community. Those that sell good quality shit can still use the VESC name, hell they can even call it a VESC, so long as they talk to ben and go through the motions with him as already stated. It’s not @trampa that has exclusive access to the TM, they are the only ones that have got it at the moment, but there is nothing stopping Maytech, @onloop, @chaka, @torqueboards and others getting their license by talking to Ben. So if any of them are the ones that you’ve had conversations with about how shitty this all is, perhaps their time would be best spent talking to Ben rather than you.

1 Like

Lol (10 chars)

1 Like

Please all calm down! Wait for BETA and judge after that period. Vendors will get a notification next week. No intention to put them in a miserable situation. Think of a rebranding and Benjamin will assure a smooth transition within the period of beta. Stock hardware is no problem! There are no intentions to create a pile of unnecessary waste.

Frank

1 Like

I am confused. So the Firmware will be Open Source (when exactly) but the VESC™-Tool will be closed Source? Frank can you enlighten me?

This is just going round in circles now.

Should there have been a better comms plan around the enforcement of TM? Yes probably.

Is what @Trampa and BV doing right? Depends where you stand but its their decision and they aren’t doing anything shady or illegal so move on.

As far as I can see this move is only going to lead to positives. Its going to force makers to stand by their product - result in more personalisation ( @longhairedboy with the red brushed ally is a perfect example though I am waiting for someone to come up with an led riddled case to make a window worthwhile…), allow us builders to make a proper decision on where we put our money and whether the variance in price is worth it and Maytech will still bob along churning out their budget option.

I am alittle surprised a TM on VESC was granted since esc is so will used but either was I look forward to seeing how LHB, Chaka TB etc take this on.

1 Like

Everything OS! release after BETA. Firmware is integrated in VESC-Tool. No closed source! The only thing that changed: Vendors have to pick another name and can join into a partner program allowing customers to see their support to the project. A bit more transparent…

Frank

2 Likes

Tame yourself @JTAG!

Frank

15 Likes

three modes of sensor detection over one connector? and the way the connectors are flush with the PCB. Wow.

To late, I spilled coffee all over the place :heart_eyes: .

Unfortunately the sensor text is mirror flipped. Benjamins little mistake. Forgive him!

That looks proper smart.

Quick question though. Does this mean we will all need deep enclosures or will it be packaged with cables with 90 degree plugs?

Does it have a 5v out other than over ppm?

what? a simple mistake? From a human being?

Unforgivable.

2 Likes

Finally had the time to look at the pictures close. Ow my ow my, the VESC no longer looks like a cheap low cost gadget. It looks like an awesome finished product!

LOVE IT, thanks for all the hard work you all :heart_eyes:!

3 Likes

next week Frank, i can’t wait!. great work BV and Trampa. get well soon BV.

Has 5v on sensor port. You can switch that down to 3.3V. 5V on COMM or CAN is also possible.

Frank

1 Like

is an accessory circuit totally out of the question at this point? I’m assuming so, but i have to ask.

i’d kill for 3, 5, and 12v rails for lighting and stuff so that i don’t have to use a BEC or UBEC.

I think its better to have that externally. A BMS is a better place for a power supply. The VESC PCB is very packed with parts. Not much space left!

Frank