Night Skating Safety - BE VISIBLE

Hi Esk8 Team,

Wanted to share a product I found that could help keep people safe during night skating on the streets. It is a 3M high visibility tape that you can find on Amazon.

image image image

The stuff is incredibly reflective and and be cut and applied as desired…used flash to give you an idea of what it will look like in the headlights of a car.

Be Safe I like lights however a passive solution is always a great backup.

Kevin

18 Likes

Thanks man this is sick!

2 Likes

This stuff is so bright you will be see 400 m away by an approaching vehicle…It is by far the best reflective product in the market… It is also pretty thin the tape with backing on .4 mm and about .2 mm installed also flexible for rounded surfaces,

The stuff is the bomb,

Kevin

2 Likes

I‘m not sure if they ship out of Eu but here a shop with probably the same product just in different designs

1 Like

Cool! Links for the lazy

Actually it comes in so many widths and lengths its a little hard to find the small size.

6 Likes

I was a little disappointing that he TSG did not have reflective tape on any of the surfaces… seems like a bit of a miss from the designers. I added small amount to sides under vents, strip in the back and a dot on the front at the high point on the chin/jaw guard.

I go out every evening, once it is dark, with my standard poodle and we do 3 miles with her running about 18 miles an hour unless she needs to stop to unload. During the day she gets too distracted with the squirrels. This is a very cost effective insurance policy and in the daylight does not detract from the styling of the helmet.

It’s not only about your safety but also visibility to vehicles to ensure they can see you and take caution. Think about it 99% of the drivers on the road will appreciate the alert and slow down.

Kevin

1 Like

It comes in RED too! image

4 Likes

Have you utilized this product??? If not, for less than 10 dollars, the best cost effective insurance policy. Was thinking putting some on my 6374 motors that are belt driven and visible from the back.

4 Likes

We need someone to get the red and report back!

This stuff seems like a much better option than my phone at max brightness with a rapid flashing RED/BLACK screed strapped to my back leg. Although I still probably need a red light for any cyclists or someone without headlights coming up behind me.

It also comes in BLACK

Blends in great with my black helmet during the day, awesomely bright reflective at night. I used the skinny tape along the edge of my board for 360° visibility. Didn’t last forever on the board (scuffs and scrapes) , but on the helmet it’s still perfect almost 2 years in.

5 Likes

Thanks for the discovery that’s a great find. Gonna cut some and put it on my inlines! How about red on the back and white on the front, so people kinda identify the direction you’re going.

Just bought this last night. Arrive tomorrow just for the Halloween saturday nite ride.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Awesome did similar with my motors just put a couple stops on the motor outer housing. Will try to get pictures.

2 Likes

20181022_193011

6 Likes

How do you have that mounted? I have a similar light but literally snapped the metal bracket with too much force.

They’re sending me a new one thankfully.

Dude you got cute cheeks. I imagined you more like a Canadian wood cutter , don’t ask why

I’m using a temporary steel bracket I made using mild steel that I tempered… my friend is fabricating me a bracket to sit on top of my trucks at his shop rn

This is by far the simplest solution and provides extreme visibility for drivers. I have lights in the front but really don’t see the need for lights in the back when running this product…The red tape is prob a good solution as it is more common for motorist to see red on cars at night they are coming up upon. No hate to tale-lights just don’t want to be bothered mounting another assembly that requires a source of charge and needs to be turned on work. Yes I am lazy and believe in keeping to the simplest option that does not require any thinking.

Kevin

1 Like

Just ordered 3 sheets of DG3

1 Like