So I started to design a motor mount last week for fun, and i’ve printed a few iterations that feel promising.
I’ve used a couple of different mounts, and they work well, but they have their issues. few broken aluminum motor plates aren’t a big deal since the diy esk8ers have great service!
But the way I see it, until Hubs can produce more torque, or be cheap enough to always run dual/quad then belt drives are not going away.
I figure if I post here, i can get some extra motivation to finish/keep working on this.
Now for the serious stuff!
I’m looking in to getting these mounts cut with a waterjet service, the problem is 1 will cost >$200 for both parts.
but If i get 5, they’re as cheap as $60-$80 for each complete mount.
I see this as a community supported beta if it works. so i’ll give them at cost + shipping.
The plan is to make an economical, dead simple motor mount that i’ll never have to worry about. No Worries!
clamp: .5" 6160 Aircraft grade Aluminum motor plate .25" 316 stainless steel hole pattern 50 - 63mm motors 4x m4 12mm travel for belt tension 3x m5 + locknut (m4 pictured) about 10 degrees of angle adjustment (may or may not be in final version)