NOOB need help picking out VESC

Hi! I recently decided to try building my own electric skateboard, and started picking some stuff out. Im having some trouble picking out a VESC. I want a VESC working with 6370 170 kv motor - max 80 Amps 10s2p 30C lipo battery 9000mah

I was wondering whether a 50A VESC would be fine, or if it would decrease my boards efficiency too much?

I was hoping if there was any experienced builders, that would help me picking one out.

Focbox unity

Yes, like @Crisfell said you can use a Unity VESC in super single configuration. No other dual is going to work on a single motor except the Stormcore duals.

For other options, a regular FOCBOX VESC 1.3, 1.6, or 1.7 will all work great, as would a TB6 VESC or ZESC Warrior 6 or Raiden 7 VESCs or a Trampa ESC 6 Mk5 would work as well.

If budget is an issue and you’re not as concerned about performance, you can use a VESC 4,12 like the Torqueboards one that’s currently on sale for $39.99

Bastards are sold out currently. Needed about a dozen of them :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help! I think i will go with the TB6 VESC or maybe the VESC 4,12. Regarding VESC 4.12. What kind of performance issues will i get? Will i loose both speed and torque? or just torque? Thanks in advance

2 Likes

The VESC 4.12 is only good up to about 25A battery max. It’s also better to run at 10S instead of 12S

1 Like