Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Hello everyone, I finally got some time to rebuild my board but I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong. The motor does not work properly, it makes a weird noise and vibrates really hard.

I bought a flipsky fsesc 6.6(tbh didnā€™t do to much research) because I got with my old one drv problems under load.

I donā€™t think the motor is a problem because it works fine with the old one. Some advice will be really good appreciated.

Looks like i canā€™t post links or upload videos, hope this is ok to post here: /watch?v=PBZkkOExMb8

1 Like

This is the 2nd or 3rd case ive read in recent days with flipsky issues. Use the link from search below and see if you can find any additional info about this.

https://electric-skateboard.builders/search?context=topic&context_id=9559&q=Flipsky%20issue&skip_context=true

Hey guys, Iā€™m hoping youā€™re all fine.

I have a question: I think Iā€™ve already have all the pieces for my skate. But Iā€™m not sure to being able to fix this hub motor on this trucks. On the pictures of the Wheel, I donā€™t see any hole to fix it into the trucks.

The Wheel ar the orange one from Baggood, 36V, 75*83mm. For the trucks, I will take basic one. Another question: if my hub motor Wheel measure 83mm (diameter), do I need to take trucks with a ā€œscrewā€ of that height?

Do you think it can work, is there any other solution to use this Wheel hub motor? Thanks for your help, itā€™s a lot of questions but Iā€™m sure you can help me! Best regards, Gandia.

Iā€™m getting so frustrated. I bought a board, 2 motors, a belt driven Mountainboard truck kit, and an esc and 36v 10s3p battery. I put it all together but cannot get it to run properly. The motors are 5065-270kv Vanpros. The esc I got one eBay and it works, but the board has zero torque and even less top end. The board will not move if standing stationary. You get moving and it will run, but canā€™t even reach 10mph and completely dies on small inclines. The esc is programmable to 24v but I am pretty certain that itā€™s already set to 36v. Everything is in the pics. Please help.

Welcome to the site, Iā€™m happy to help you, please make a new thread with pictures to illustrate your question. Because it is not clear what your asking about.

Hey, Did those motors come with that ESC? or from separate supplier?

Also, you might want to read this article i wrote a few years ago:

The motors and ESC were from separate suppliers. I guess what I am asking is why, with everything seeming to be set up appropriately, am I not getting torque? Also, from my understanding, you would have to solder that ESC to convert to 24v, correct? Like, it is already set up for my 36V battery.

this alone could be a part of the problem, not all motor controllers can automatically control all motors.

Damn. How would I diagnose that the ESC is the issue? Or, if that isnā€™t possible, where would you recommend I purchase an ESC that will work?

email the supplier of the ESC and ask them if it is compatible with the motors you have.

This is why VESC based motor controllers are so popular for DIY. The firmware inside the VESC can detect the parameters of 99% of the motors that are commonly available in the market.

Would this Flipsky Dual Motor VESC work https://flipsky.net/products/dual-fsesc4-12-100a?_pos=2&_sid=998137f69&_ss=r

Yes sorry, I was pretty sure that I wasnā€™t clear. Thank you for answering!

So thatā€™s the hub motor I have choosen, and for the trucks I will take some basic one, for longboard, but I think my Wheel are very large arenā€™t they? Or there is no distincton when you bput them on trucks (if itā€™s possible to put them, because I Donā€™t no how)?

I Donā€™t know why Iā€™m not able to put some images and links into my postā€¦ So the reference to the hub motor is that one ā€œDIY Electric Skateboard Hub Motor Longboard PU Wheel Built-in W/Brushless Sensored Motorā€. The ID on the site Banggood is 1194664. I verify, when you just put the ID and Banggood on Google, you arrive on the right page.

Have a nice day, Gandia

new users have some limit on what they can do, normally it takes a few days for the account to be automatically updated.

just make sure your drop in & read posts. do a few likes, etc.

It said in the ESC description that it would work with 5065 motors, which is why I bought them, so is it the brand difference that you think may not be compatible?

Building good electric skateboards is tricky. Not all the parts that are available on the market, which claim in the description to be for ā€œelectric skateboardsā€, are compatible with each other.

That is why places like this forum exist, so people can share their builds.

My advice is to spend as much time as possible looking at what other people build here:

https://electric-skateboard.builders/c/e-board-builds/10?order=views

Well here goes! Iā€™ve a DIY ATB which is really good fun for about 5 minutes after a full charge. Then the power drops to about 25%. Then is appears to die. It has a 22v 10Ah battery which still shows 23.2v on the ammeter so I am VERY confused.

What do I do? Suck it up and buy a new battery?

Thanks for any replies forthcoming!

So the battery can charge to 100%?

Then randomly it drops down to 25%?

Or itā€™s not random, everytime it drops down to the same level in under the same general circumstances?

Is it lipo?

Hi there, and thanks for replying. The mystery deepens. The voltage now suddenly drops to nothing once the battery warms up. If I disconnect and reconnect it, everything returns to normal for a while but once itā€™s properly warm, no joy. The 25% was just an estimate. It does not seem random, although last night it ran fro longer than normal. Once itā€™s cooled down and I can measure voltage again, itā€™s showing still almost fully charged. Itā€™s a Life-Po 22v 10Ah battery.

I managed to get a good 10 minutes riding out of it last night until a sudden power drop at full speed sent me into a wobble that reminded me of my first ā€œtank slapperā€ on a motorcycle. I which point I gave up and came in.

Any thoughts?

Got any pictures of the battery? There is a chance it has some damage, from now on it should be treated like and explosive & left in a fire proof area, preferably outside of your house.