Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Iā€™ve just gotten FOC detection to work after some soldering touchups and the updates! On ppm mapping now, so I canā€™t get a video just yet. Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t think to simply upgrade firmware and software, really appreciate those tips.

I canā€™t seem to send a video through this forumn, but everything worked and itā€™s such a pleasant and soothingly confident sound now.

Although, now instead of braking I go into reverse. What does ā€œinput deadband changeā€?

great news! glad we got a result.

you need to upload to youtube first, then post link

1 Like

I believe Iā€™m fine, it sounds like other E-boards on YouTube now, thanks!

1 Like

hey, one last word of adviceā€¦ you probably know this already, having the sensor wires like you currently have them is not going to last long. You really need to find a better way of having the sensor wires connected & protected from shorting out etc.

1 Like

Yeah theyā€™re quite fragile. Would drowing them in a glob of hot glue do the trick? Or is that too crude/barbarian?

Irrelevant but: A year or two ago I crashed bad from my first encounter with speed wobbles, and Iā€™ve just picked everything back up again. Really happy to be back into esk8ing, loving the upgarded board, and immensely grateful for your reassuring advice.

ideally you need to insulate each wire separatelyā€¦ then plenty of hot glue to support them from snapping off.

Seriously, the best thing is a proper connector it will save you time & money in the long run.

1 Like

Right, individual insulation. Thanks for that tip! Buying wires wouldā€™ve been ideal indeed, but I donā€™t exactly have access to online shopping at the moment and in the end, this has worked wonderfully!

I also have a anti-spark switch coming from the battery. It completely cuts off power to the outlet plug and doesnā€™t allow the battery to drain at all whilst still being plugged into the vesc. Though, sometimes Iā€™ve left my board on on accident for days at a time and it barely drains the battery at all. Maybe half a volt. My battery is only about 330wh as well. So if you really wanted to, you could just unplug the vesc if youā€™re gonna leave it sitting for more than a week, but if youā€™re going to use it daily I would just leave it plugged in if you donā€™t buy a 50$ anti-spark switch.

1 Like

Thatā€™s very interesting! Nice thanks man!

Hello everyone, I finally got some time to rebuild my board but I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong. The motor does not work properly, it makes a weird noise and vibrates really hard.

I bought a flipsky fsesc 6.6(tbh didnā€™t do to much research) because I got with my old one drv problems under load.

I donā€™t think the motor is a problem because it works fine with the old one. Some advice will be really good appreciated.

Looks like i canā€™t post links or upload videos, hope this is ok to post here: /watch?v=PBZkkOExMb8

1 Like

This is the 2nd or 3rd case ive read in recent days with flipsky issues. Use the link from search below and see if you can find any additional info about this.

https://electric-skateboard.builders/search?context=topic&context_id=9559&q=Flipsky%20issue&skip_context=true

Hey guys, Iā€™m hoping youā€™re all fine.

I have a question: I think Iā€™ve already have all the pieces for my skate. But Iā€™m not sure to being able to fix this hub motor on this trucks. On the pictures of the Wheel, I donā€™t see any hole to fix it into the trucks.

The Wheel ar the orange one from Baggood, 36V, 75*83mm. For the trucks, I will take basic one. Another question: if my hub motor Wheel measure 83mm (diameter), do I need to take trucks with a ā€œscrewā€ of that height?

Do you think it can work, is there any other solution to use this Wheel hub motor? Thanks for your help, itā€™s a lot of questions but Iā€™m sure you can help me! Best regards, Gandia.

Iā€™m getting so frustrated. I bought a board, 2 motors, a belt driven Mountainboard truck kit, and an esc and 36v 10s3p battery. I put it all together but cannot get it to run properly. The motors are 5065-270kv Vanpros. The esc I got one eBay and it works, but the board has zero torque and even less top end. The board will not move if standing stationary. You get moving and it will run, but canā€™t even reach 10mph and completely dies on small inclines. The esc is programmable to 24v but I am pretty certain that itā€™s already set to 36v. Everything is in the pics. Please help.

Welcome to the site, Iā€™m happy to help you, please make a new thread with pictures to illustrate your question. Because it is not clear what your asking about.

Hey, Did those motors come with that ESC? or from separate supplier?

Also, you might want to read this article i wrote a few years ago:

The motors and ESC were from separate suppliers. I guess what I am asking is why, with everything seeming to be set up appropriately, am I not getting torque? Also, from my understanding, you would have to solder that ESC to convert to 24v, correct? Like, it is already set up for my 36V battery.

this alone could be a part of the problem, not all motor controllers can automatically control all motors.

Damn. How would I diagnose that the ESC is the issue? Or, if that isnā€™t possible, where would you recommend I purchase an ESC that will work?

email the supplier of the ESC and ask them if it is compatible with the motors you have.

This is why VESC based motor controllers are so popular for DIY. The firmware inside the VESC can detect the parameters of 99% of the motors that are commonly available in the market.