Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Oh yeah, does it Jason?

@BelviGER I would go over the pack if possible, remove the shrink wrap and inspect the spot welds. A lot of low quality batteries were made for the raptor 2ā€™s and you donā€™t wanna have a fire hazard on your hands. Thereā€™s a battery builders club on the other forum that could be of help if you need any second opinions. I would also swap out that stock BMS, itā€™s garbage.

2 Likes

So Iā€™m a complete noob to this hobby. Iā€™m a highschooler looking to build my own electric longboard, since Iā€™ve built an fpv drone. I have two questions. I was going to build a dual belt drive with 6355 190kv motors, but now Iā€™m thinking about hub motors, but Iā€™m not sure since my road condition are pretty ruff. Also Iā€™m looking to get a 10s2p battery at an affordable price, but it seems that I canā€™t find one that is cheap or legit. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys noon to this and jumped into the deep end a bit. I have a custom board. 10s5p 30q battery. Two 190kv maytech 6374ā€™s. I had to wipe the custom setup on the focbox to fix a problem. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to walk me through tuning it for the best speed? (and aggressive breaks) I want this set up like a bit of an animal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

There are no cells in what I ordered

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001061764154.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.3.18011e74Gx7srH&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.146401.0&scm_id=1007.13339.146401.0&scm-url=1007.13339.146401.0&pvid=c13ff525-c316-45b3-876e-dacce7fb27f8&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller,scm-url:1007.13339.146401.0,pvid:c13ff525-c316-45b3-876e-dacce7fb27f8,tpp_buckets:668%230%23131923%2320_668%23808%233772%23935_668%23888%233325%238_668%232846%238115%23859_668%232717%237566%23856_668%233164%239976%23617

That is what I ordered (and a Unity)

I wouldnā€™t bother with low end hub motors, go the belt drive route at that point

Canā€™t comment on the battery thing but maybe someone can help you if they know your location :slight_smile:

The unity and fuse on that tray are worth using. But Iā€™ve heard the BMSā€™s arenā€™t great at all from old enertion employees.

Hi Guys, I am moving away from my street setup build as my feet feel like they will fall off after a 20 minute ride around my streets. So I have decided to build an AT board. Problem being I strapped my 6374 (KV unknown due to second hand pick up) motor to the board with a 72t wheel and 15t Motor and my weight of 65kg it struggles to get going! Battery LIPO 8s2p. I want to add a dual motor setup so allow more traction etc etc. Can anyone recommend a good dual motor setup for AT, Fields, Hills?

You need a lipo voltage of at least 10s or higher for it to move with those ratio. If youā€™re going with dual motors, then I definitely recommend a 12s2p or more in parallel for 6374s. Anything smaller, you can use a 10s pack and be fine.

1 Like

I have a hub motor with sensor wires with these metal individual tips. I need to get it so that I can connect these sensor wires with a Vesc. There are a total of 5 sensor wires that are blue, red, yellow, black, and green. Any ideas on how to do that? What kind of connecter do I need to purchase?

Thanks for your guidance.

Hello my name is Ryan and Iā€™m working on my first build so I wanted my eboard to be unique so I bought a lot strange parts you typically wouldnā€™t buy for esk8board I just need help putting it all together and what else do I need? here are some pictures. I would love a fast charging system do I need a bms? so far I have 2 Xiaomi M365 Electric Scooter battery packs 36v 7200mah 2 brushless motors from ebay garrt rc brushless motors they are 540kv and max 4500w also for vesc system I plan to get a Maytech Upgraded High Current 200A VESC Controller based on VESC6.0 Speed Controller with Anti-spark Circuit Comb with 20W Cooling Fan and 12V DC-DC I also have 2 enclosures both from mboards! Please I need help wiring everything and what other parts do I need? So far I have those items mention 6mm bore 20teeth motor pulley 45 teeth wheel pulley a battery indicator and battery switch button and a charger port connector.

Just a theoretical noob question that doesnā€™t really has to do with boards.

Im thinking of using a vesc for a project to control an rc car. Now iā€™ve read tons of guides and articles about using 10s and 12s batteries and 100-200KV motors, but since i donā€™t need the ā€œmassiveā€ torque would it be possible to hook up my vesc with a 3s battery (so vesc functions correctly) and a 750+ KV (up to 2250KV) sensored motor? Of course iā€™d had to watch the max-amp ratings on the motor and limit the max speed (8000rpm are enough) but is there anything else i should pay attention to?

Hello everyone one small question: does flipsky always has ā€œsalesā€ or do they really reduce the prices?

Hey this is a suuuuper n00b question, and actually doesnt even apply to electric boardsā€¦ sorry about that, you guys just seem knowledgeable and i didnt know who better to ask.

So i want to make a 3 wheel long board, but i want the single wheel up front, 2 in the back. Is that gonna work? So far i only see the single in back, style design, and for an electric, that makes sense. But it shouldnt matter on a kick powered board would it? Thanks ahead of time. -Adam

@thedriver they always have ā€œsalesā€

@Roejimbo its hard to have one wheel up front and have good steering. Most do two in front to steer and one powered wheel in the back. Otherwise youā€™re gonna hafta to take some wide turns im guessin

It might be hard to design the turning for it. Since when you turn there isnā€™t the 2 wheels in the front for support

Hi,

I am a beginner with VESCā€™s, and one of mine is not putting out 5v, thus the halls donā€™t work. In the schematics of the VESC6 (I am using a superfoc) I am not able to find the part where 5v are generated.

Could anyone please point me at what part outputs the 5v? Also, are there any other possibilities why I donā€™t get 5v on the line?

So, Iā€™m almost done with my latest build, and I made a terrible mistakeā€¦ I thoughtlessly cut the connector off of my esc to rout the wiresā€¦ but now I have no way of telling which wire is +/-ā€¦ everything is screwed, glued, and drying now.

?Is there a test I can do to solve this without a full dissemble??? the glue would be a B*TCH to remove

the prices fluctuate 5-10% depending whatā€™s last yearā€™s tech

DM me, I get on about once a week

scooter batteries usually have an included bms, and Iā€™d recommend motors of lower kv, or your the motor bearings will wear out fast (especially on high vibration decks)