Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

hmmmm cow catcher sounds like a recipe for a superman stop ā€¦well wait now I think about itā€¦something angled like out of mudflap material or something might workā€¦you figure that out I would love to see the end result! I think all cow catching technology is worth investigating in case of zombie apocalypse those would come in handy on all types of transportation options hahahaā€¦

have you checked out these 110s by Torque Board? they are pretty ridiculously awesomeā€¦and fit on Kegal adaptersā€¦

the cloud wheels are nice but they definitely cut my range by quite a bit on the direct drive boardā€¦the Ownboard Carbon I just got is giving me 25+ miles on the cloud wheels with 6368 belt drive motor set up ā€¦but these 110ā€™s in 78A or the blue 74A (that is what I want) are looking like the jam for street only ridingā€¦I really want to get a set. lil less added clearance from the cloudwheelsā€¦which I rode on some dirt / gravel trails on them yesterday and they crushed through that stuff and was fun as hellā€¦keep me posted whatever you end up changing to!

So you been skating since late 70ā€™s huh? I got my first board when i was 4 in 1980ā€¦a blue Makaha Coyote III I rode that board for 3 years until I got a Caballeroā€¦recently found one on eBay and have been riding it A LOT! just put some new wheels on it too! Gave me a whole new appreciation for my pops and the skateboard he gave me when i was 4 years old day we moved into the house I grew up inā€¦started riding the one I just got and was amazed how much fun of a board it still is for cruisingā€¦Dad always did try to get me awesome shit even though when I was growing up I didnā€™t always 100% know that was always his intent LOL

What part of the country do you live inā€¦assuming you live in the US?

Cheers, Q

Haha! in 1980 I wasā€¦ a senior in high school :roll_eyes: Iā€™m in New York on Long Island. In high school I worked as a bicycle mechanic at Brands Cycle Center in Wantagh, NY. At that time Brands was the largest cycling custom build store on the east coast. I got to see (and work on) a lot of super cool stuff. We built custom Italian road bikes like Colnago, Bianchi, and other huge names. We had the first Klein carbon fiber bicycles ($6000 which is huge 1980ā€™s money). We saw the beginning of the first 20" BMX racing trend in the industry and one of our sales guys was a Schwinn-sponsored racer. We saw the beginning of the very first mountain bikes. We actually had Jake Burton and his buddies in our store and sold the first line of Burton snowboards. I bought one of the first Cannondale aluminum frames (serial # 21 - still got it). At the time Cannondale only made frames. It was years before they made entire bicycles. We were one of the first to sell sealed-bearing skateboard wheels (wow! sealed bearings - what a concept LOL). We sold every kind of skateboard part you could think of at the time. I had dozens of skateboards, and a few bikes, a unicycle, and a BMX rat bike with a sidecar that we used to terrorize the neighborhood with (and got hurt alot on doing stupid things lol). Good timesā€¦

2 Likes

Can I use vx1 on meepo esc?

No. Only on vescs

you can use the mepo version of it on their site.

Hello Guys & Girls! I am new here and I have a question, hopefully this is the place to ask it.

One of my goals for my build is to have a smooth ride, so my board should be able to have no problems with sticks, cracks etc. Currently I am unsure whether to decide for the MBS all terrain wheels or 200x50 off road wheels, both would end up with the same price when you consider delivery and the costs for that the belt system.

I want to build a single motor setup. I see a lot of builds with off road wheels that have a dual motor set up, but rarely use single motors. Since I live in the Netherlands, it is very flat here and there are almost no hills, steep slopes here, etc., would it still be necessary to have a dual motor setup when using off road wheels, since they are heavier and need more torque? Or would be a motor with lower Kv (e.g. 190Kv) be suffient?

Cheers!

Get those and single motor is fine

Im trying, but i cant find a way to post a questionā€¦

pleas help i got a raptor 2 but i keeps thermal throtling i assume i got it set to 85 start 100 c cut off

I just got a flipsky 6.6 vesc (I know opinions are polarizing on it) but I had a board built with just a basic dual esc. On that one Iā€™d get to a solid 60 km/h pretty quick, but now on flat ground Iā€™m getting maybe 15 km/h. The only thing that changed was the vesc and Iā€™ve done the setup and all that but the torque is just abysmal. Is there a setting I can pump up to make it any better?

Does anyone have a ego 2 motor that they can sell?

Would anyone be able to help me find a good 10s3p battery solution ? Iā€™ve been looking at AliExpress but everything is so widely varied and not the right spec. Iā€™m getting the tourqueboards esc bldc so I donā€™t think I should push more than 10s. Any suggestions ? At this point price isnt a big issue I just want to have it on the way because the rest of my build will be here in a couple days already. Thanks!

Need help with Vesc programming. No idea wtf Iā€™m doing.

Right now I have a 12s4p battery,

dual hub motors,

Two bldc controllers hooked up with Can bus,

And a nabo remote.

Have the board all set up and itā€™s working but there are issues. It stutters on start up and does not have the ability to start from a stand still. I need to push a little and get wheels moving before hitting the throttle.

Just seems a little clunky/not synchronized. I tried my best to program it through Vesc tool correctly but a lot of that stuff is above my pay grade.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Contact @Skyart15 / @SkyArt at forum.esk8.news

he probably can build you a pack and is in the states

Heā€™s not active here so try it on the other one.

Heā€™s already building me a pack now!

2 Likes

That went quick haha!

Great for you!

2 Likes

I got an anti-spark switch, but Iā€™m not sure the diameter of the button. Does anyone know this by chance?

Hi, I have a question. So I contacted a company that told me I need a different ESC to power up 2 800w motor AT wheel hub motors, however, the electric skateboard I have also had 2 800w hub motors, but, they are PU wheels instead of AT. Is it possible to run the AT wheels with the same ESC as the PU wheel motors are using? Theyā€™re using MR30 connectors, but the PU are using bullet connectors. I can modify the connector to use them like meepo did with their board.

Please let me know if its possible. The board that these wheels came from is using a different ESC and is using a 10s4p battery, while the board I have is using 10s5p batteries.

Can somebody tell me what exactly the Specs of the Enertion E-Tray is, the one that comes with the Unity?

I just ordered a unity with it(because why not) and canā€™t really find any information what it even can do - apparently its a 10S BMS with a screen and a button, but is it charge and/or discharge, what amp rating etc

Yes its basically a easier to assemble space cell it has a fuse and a few buttons for the display modes as well as a 80+ bms.