Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Maybe make a WTB (want to buy) post in the eks8 market section.

Good luck

hereā€™s a link to what would look like a replacement

hereā€™s a video on how repairing words with other china boards

i already have 63 motors tho

uuuuuuum how do i start a new thread??? im currently machining 8mm carbon fiber motor mounts and want tho know what the community thinks

normally on the main page to the top right

But you seem very new maybe you have to read a little more gain a bit more site experience before youā€™re allowed to do so.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe thereā€™s not an answer to this, but iā€™ve lookedā€¦ how do i determine what to set my motor and battery current max to in the input wizard of the VESC Tool software? I am using 10S3P Mboard.co battery with two, 6374 190kv TB motors and a single FCESC6.6 with internal canbus

60a both motors 30a battery discharge

Thanks a lot GameGirl. But how do you determine this? Is there a formula? Is it listed on the label somewhere i donā€™t see lol?

It was assumed your battery cells are capable of outputting 20a each so in a 3p config total output = 60a

so that was split on both motors.

as for the motor current I think thatā€™s mostly dependent on motor capabilities But then ESC capabilities too which makes it a tad more nuanced.

So basically without diving in too deep Itā€™s all in the name Battery current = battery current refer to battery capabilities. motor current = motor current refer to motor capabilities first then ESC.

just donā€™t forget to divide capabilities 60a = 30a + 30a

Thank you Blitz. Very helpful.

1. So for the avoidance of any doubt, both the motor and battery current max input fields apply to a single motor, which is why I have to divide the total battery output by two, correct?

2. What is the point in setting max motor current to 60A if the battery is only capable of delivering it 30A?

3. TB claims 80 Amps per motor and my VESC 200A continuous. Would I achieve greater performance by setting max motor current to say, 78A while leaving max battery at 30A? Is this potentially harmful?

4. Do the motor and input wizards in the VESC tool require the motors to be connected to the drive train? I had to order new belts cause my 280mm were too tight, but iā€™d like to calibrate everything while iā€™m waiting for my new ones to arrive so I can just pop the belts on and hit the road. Is this a bad idea?

yes

I imagine that your esc might output more current but at the same wattage for some reason maybe while accelerating or going uphill.

motors are Good but donā€™t worry about not running them 100% considor it a safe surplus to avoid overheating.

No clue you need to refer to other builds using your ESC.

But in all honesty 60a (per vesc-motor) seems fair and standard.

I think in the setup it asks that you do it with no load so you should be totally fine.

U the man Blitz thank you!

Also found a great explanation here: https://vesc-project.com/node/938

Thank you guys

Good luck with your build

And donā€™t forget use the appropriate loctite!

I am trying to educate myself on the electronics but a simple explanation would help. Can I put dual maytech 6354 170kv motors (Max Current - 65A , Rated Current 55A) with an esc V1.1 Dual Belt Motor FOC ESC (Current: Up to 120A for a few seconds or 50A continous) (100$CAD) in terms of amps and not burning out? Will be powered by a 10s2p 30Q. My rock and a hard place is about money. I originally wanted 170kv 5065ā€™s for that esc, but Ive decided I want them mounted together not zigzag on my caliber 2ā€™s so they wont fit. If the above example will work together, I can avoid a costly vesc situation(flipsky or similar with remote 250$CAD), which feels like it will cost an arm and a leg and Ill have to solder a bit aswell depending, get a remote etc. I am just trying to make a street carving machine, doesnt have to go crazy balls to the wall fast. If they dont work together, I will prolly just fall back on simple 5055ā€™s. Thanks in advance !

Iā€™ve seen people on youtube who build dual 6054ā€™s with the $100 esc from Mboardā€™s so that confuses me.

Hall senors your speaking of right?? If so. Best way to notice effects is slow start acceleration. Without sensors dont push/kickstart. itll jerk a few times before going smoothly at speed. With sensors. Dont push kickstart it wont jerk and accelerate smoothly at low speeds.

40A is max output for that pack Keep this in Mind.

cheap ESCā€™s Is a touchy subject they simply put can go wrong.

But looking as your battery is pretty weak you probably donā€™t need anything too good.

So big strong motors wonā€™t benefit you too much due to bottleneck at esc and battrey.

another ESC option could be Flipsky vesc 4.12 do own reserch

this remoteā€™s good and would go with the vesc. https://it.aliexpress.com/item/4000186077105.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albagn=888888&albcp=9441019410&albag=95283287465&trgt=296904914040&crea=en4000186077105&netw=u&device=c&albpg=296904914040&albpd=en4000186077105&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0rr4BRCtARIsAB0_48P8mflMl_gX4FSQpT48DhmEB09D-lPGL1TSCTWw7DCUzGX2Rfp_Lf8aAuPJEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

In hotter climates (summer) over powered motors may prevent overheating or adleast delay it further.

Again something youā€™re probably not too interested in.

Thanks for your reply Blitz! Yeah OK cool, Iā€™ve done some research on the 4.12 and itā€™s just a price thing for the most part. When I speak to fellow local skaters here in Vancouver they advise me against flipsky because of dependabilityā€¦ I am not against Them. But for the price/risk it doesnā€™t seem worth itā€¦But if I do end up with that normal esc, I will probably just do a 5055 build. I am trying to be flexible (loaded icarus) and keep good clearance.