Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Two 5055’s @200kv wouldnt kill that esc though I don’t believe. Like I mentioned, there are dudes with 6355’s and that esc on YouTube. I just don’t think I really need 6355’s anyway. I think 5055’s will be good enough and for my budget better. This is my second board. I could always build a 3rd in the future.

sounds like A plan not mine but that’s fine :smiley:

I like that your trying not to be wasteful but rather optimal hope it goes well.

1 Like

Hi all,

I looking around into making a set-up to solar charge a Teamgee H9.

I found the below parts to start building it but I am not sure about the converter…

Here is a foto of the charger I need to match with an output of 42v at 1.5A.

I want to use the following DC to DC converter because it’s so small and has the right input and output configuration.

In combination with the below flexible solar panel.

Solar panel

Maximum power (watt) :4000W

Maximum power voltage:DC5±0.2V

Maximum power current :1.1A

Open circuit voltage:20V

Short circuit current:1.15A

Size of module (wide and high):

—4000W: 435 x 197 x 2.5MM

Will this be a good setup or will I risk to damage my boards battery with it?

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this!

First and foremost if you are using lycomobile RIP (they suck and they’re a money grab)

Now to your question Build a powerwall charge your board easy! using your esk8 battrey as a powewall sounds needlessly impractical.

Ur powerwall batteries can be low output and on the cheap.

Sun time matters! you want to be skating not charging when the suns out.

Thx for your reply! Absolutely right lycamobile sucks but i’m refuse to RIP over it…

Actually what I want to do eventually…

Is place a really thin walk on film solar panel on top of the battery and use clear cover and grip tape.

But before I do that I want to experiment to see if it would work and use this one as a wearable?

Hoping to increase the 11 mile range of the board a bit. And lay it in the sun to charge while rippin a half pipe.

What do you think about the converter is it compatible for this purpose? Or will it impact the battery lifespan?

Thx again for putting me on the right track!

It’s a great show pony Gals would be all over it.

but in practice It’s weak, and you shouldn’t leave your board or body out on the sun for longer than required. (skin cancer, or 18650’s overheating)

But the question is can you charge your board while it outputs energy

When you hit the breaks on the ESC It halts the power input and starts outputting that’s alright

but reversing the electrodes while they are going one way to power your board sounds iffy.

Now this may be solved with maybe a separate battery like some hybrid.

(you have 2 packs one charges while the other discharges) never shearing energy only outputting or receiving from solor panel.

NOW the real solution is get a DOKE solor panel and put it on there

Lol ok i get your point Blitz getting an extra pack could be an option.

I found a place to buy the entire board for $99 wich is really a bargain even for a last mile ready made board.

As where a new pack goes for close to $200 @ Teamgee.com

I could hang the extra pack on the bottom of deck. They are pretty thin and I could make both inter switchable. That’s twice the range plus the solar energy on top.

What are your thoughts about the converter?

Thx again Blitz!

whole esk8? If it looks like this :arrow_lower_right: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: then You need Mental Psychological Assistance. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Electric-Skateboard-Longboard-Maple-Deck-Remote-Controller-350W-Single-motor-RED/283948646453?hash=item421ca88035:g:NIQAAOSwXGVe2e9y

Not very confidence inspiring Either I’m missing a lot of context or you’re being delusional.

@disOwner Is this your first time trying to go DIY esk8? or even better your first planned esk8?

Yes first attempt as this is a noob question thread right.

Thus no need to become rude!

I can’t help finding this on the web maybe it’s a mistake by the webshop admin don’t know yet.

seems like a big price fluctuation on these things…

Edit: btw these super cheap non-chinese sites are usually 99% scams in case anyone is silly enough to try

2 Likes

Yo Dudes. Im building a 4wd board. I got 2 DUAL Flipsky FSES’C, VX2 controller, an my motors are 90kv. I want to make a 12s5p battery with NESE modules using Samsung 40T. What place is or website is a reliable battery dealer? An is there any other options to NESE?

Ok thx for the warning! the price is to good to be true and the webshop is only a month old

The rule with doggy too good to be trues is

don’t spend more than you can make back in a day and don’t spend more than you’d like to lose for a laugh.

also papal by all means (saves you 45% of the time)

this only applies if you know the product well enough too.

Hey guys, I need some help with a battery problem in London.

Is anyone here in London and can help me fix the problem. Happy to travel to you and pay for any work you can do. Think it may be a connection issue.

Hit me up if you have some battery skills

Hey Anon465,

I recently finished my build and I’m moving on to the programming part of my build which consists of dual VESC’s but I can’t seem to get them connected in the VESC tool. I connect the VESC, and it says that the VESC has outdated firmware. So I head into the firmware page and download the “410 & 411 & 412” hardware version. After that I try to press the connect button, but it says “Could not autoconnect. Make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and that the VESC is powered.” I have tried several different cables to see if thats the issue, but so far I have had no luck. I noticed that the VESC only displays a blue LED which I have heard means there is only power to the VESC. What would you suggest might be the issue, and how do I start troubleshooting it? Sorry, I’m completely new to VESC.

is it a flipsky one

Is it viable to add a second battery to a build later on?

I’m thinking of starting my build with a single 6s1p Li-Po. I know it won’t be a very beefy build but I’m okay with that at first.

Could I later add a second battery for more power & range? Let’s say I got another identical battery. Would it then be 12s1p or 6s2p? The 12s1p would add more power/torque, while the 6s2p would add more range, correct?

I’m thinking of getting these:

• Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 25C Lipo Pack w/XT90 (1 to start, could I add a second later?)
  • Flipsky Mini FSESC4.20
  • Flipsky BLDC Brushless Belt 6354 190KV 2450W

Thank you!

No not really packs need to be married and aged the same to avoid miss balances.

but if you’re some pro who knows how to properly modulate everything then sure maybe.

2 Likes