Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Does anyone know if putting two 14 AWG silicone wires in parallel will be good for a 90 amp battery pack series connection? I am trying to figure out if the insulation material influences the ampacity at all bc I thought 14AWG was rated for 15 amps continuous but MBoards uses it for their battery pack. Would there be a difference in ampacity rating if you used silicone copper wire vs PVC copper wire? Is that due to temperature rating? I have a XT90 connector but it is 10 AWG silicone wire which confuses me bc I thought 10 AWG wire is rated for 30 amps.

Also thank you for the current ratings sheet I was able to figure out the right nickel strip for my build. Now I just got to figure out the wiring.

Anybody have advice for getting into racing? Any advice for gear setup, technique, etc, would be great.

Search for “stooge raceboards”

Inhave a few questions, as i am trying to Frankenstein my board from what i have. My first 2 noards were ones i bought from offerup, inboard m1, and the esc buened out on one and the other had no remote and i couldny get thebapp to work so i used it for parts for my first one. I have 2 sets of manta deive motors, but i believe they are 1st and second gen, as they are a little different. What i want to do is take the motors, as i like them better then the belt drive( i currently rid a vix pilot duel motor belt drive), and im looking at the flipsky fsesc 6.6 duel esc to run the manta drives. I will need a remote so im looking at the flipsky vx2 pro to run it but after that i dont know what to do, or even if the mantas will run on these parts. As far as battey i want to get some good range and the m1 was a 12s1 battery(i think thats how its written) but i want more from my build. Which battery options and other parts do i need? I have the deck and trucks from inboard and will run those i think but what else??

I am a sorta noob in esk8. I’ve built my own esk8 and the batteries for it. I am interested in the Waterbourne surf adapter but am wondering if it is compatible with my board. I am using DKP trucks and 175mm wheels. I think that if I used the waterborne adapter I would have trouble with wheel bite and am thinking about manufacturing a truck extender. Will the extender make it possible to used the Waterbourne adapter with my 175 mm wheels? Thanks

Hey there! I’m building my first build and using: L-faster Mountain Skateboard Conversion Kit with Stronger Motor Bracket Off Road Board Truck with 190KV N63 Motor from Amazon, Flipsky’s Dual 75100 Vesc, but I can’t find a good battery.

The motor specs on the Amazon page says that motors take 120A, but I suspect that this is 60A per motor (I think???), and I want to use a backfire 10s2p battery but I don’t know how much their continuous current is because the specs aren’t listed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

There are different kinds of current measurements. Try reading this and let them know if you have any more questions

Hello,

I am looking to create a 10s2p battery pack with Molicel P42A cells to get a max of 60Amp draw (limited by smart BMS)

Do you think it would be okay to use 0.2mm nickel strip found with in the following link: 2P 21700 0.2mm Pure Nickel Strip — MBoards? I am thinking of spot welding these tabs and connecting them with 10AWG wire.

Also, does the 10AWG wire soldered to the nickel strip tab increase the ampacity because from my research, the ampacity of the 0.2mm nickel strip is ~24A which isn’t enough.

Should do around 40A no problem if it’s pure nickel. That’s a big if. You always need to test it.

Is there a good way of testing nickel strips for ampacity?

If you read through that thread it may have answers :grin: