NoWinds first commercial Board : Leiftech E-Snowboard

I really thought about that but at the end the hassle is not worth it Small slipring made for turbine are too high, won’t fit below the deck, you will need to make them poke out and that will make the ride impossible and pancake slipring are not made to go at ~30A, and custom ones (I asked different company) fall under the price of 170/200 $ per piece… so not worth it when you can get the whole drive thing fr 150$ each at leiftech (they were selling some old stock), with motor and everything

1 Like

Okay guies digging the subject, how much rocker do you recommend with @Nowind 's wheels ? I only have 1.5cm if I take the small freebord wheels (72mm) And at what height does your bord sit ? from ground to top of the deck ? Mine’s 12.5cm which is already huge for me, that’s why I won’t rise the center wheels anymore

Thanks for the reply! Cool to hear someone else gave this a thought, sad you hear you don’t think it’s feasible.

The surplus lieftech parts sounds really cool, I pulled the trigger on the used freebord. For $45 it was a steal.

2 Likes

Finally the original Motor dies with broken shaft. I

The Sk5055 320kv are waiting since a long time to get some action

Around 100gramm heavier then stock ones

Quick solder job to plant the phase wires on sliprings and ready to rock again

Set Up with old Vesc4 FW 1.14 50amps motor 35amps brake

Runs a bit cooler on motors with slightly better startup … loss in topspeed is for me not significant … never meant as speed freak with this machine

4 Likes

You are running 6S or 12S? or is that a 8S tattu?

Would love a video.

1 Like

This is 8S …2x 4S tattu 4S 10000maH 25C in series

From setup is no big difference to excisting videos in the past since the VESC4 upgrade i run 8S Lipo

like here :

3 Likes

Hmm didn’t know stuff like this existed pretty cool.

1 Like

@onloop.

Feel free to use your own profile to post shit. https://tineye.com/search/cf13f4288b09624a68851262cfd778ba0d504cbe?page=1

1 Like

@telnoi what ya mean ? Gamer Girl is onloop ?!?

4 Likes

Same IP, fake name and profile image. He needed to bump threads to avoid the refund and enertion scam threads from being at the top all the time.

2 Likes

Back to the topic I can’t wait to try the v2’s

1 Like

@GamerGirl

1_HI4kj-TPAQrfQkAdrw2KTA

1 Like

Is there a good tutorial or can anyone offer advice / help / assistance for installing a vesc and 2.4 ghz remote on a leiftech v2. My trigger has been super glued 5 or 6 times and it no longer works. The company is very shady and no longer produces the overly priced remote. This board is one of the funnest things I have ever owned and I love riding it when it works. I would say I have average mechanical and technical skills when it comes to fixing things and I know a little bit about soldering and wiring. I have searched around and it seems that installing a vesc and a compatible remote is the best solution for me unless i want to buy a new board from this terrible company. I’ve searched a bit on youtube and google for a decent tutorial but so far i haven’t found one that made me confident i could do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

https://forum DOT esk8 DOT news/t/veiftech-diy-upgraded-leiftech-v2/28141

I got loads of answers to your questions, fire em at me.

1 Like

i think the links aren’t banned anymore?

1 Like

Do you still sell those custom center wheels? I would love to buy them, they look great!

1 Like

Thanks for such a quick response. Sorry it has taken me a while to answer here. I don’t really even know where to start, As I said i’m not a stranger to soldering or working on things myself but the idea of taking this thing apart is still a bit intimidating to me. Right now I just want to replace the remote with a better one that won’t break when I fall hard and will be supported in the future. I’d love to replace the batteries eventually too but I think remote first. I’ve googled the vesc a little but I haven’t really found a good tutorial on installing one and I don’t know what one would be best. I really appreciate getting some help with this. I want to ride this some more. It is fun when it works. I contacted the company and they offered to send me new triggers if I pay for shipping. I paid for shipping and they asked me how many I wanted. I thought I’d shoot big and ask for 100 triggers. I didn’t hear back until I contacted them again a few days later. They said they couldn’t send me 100 triggers so they’d have to refund my money. I asked them how many they could send and they if I send $9.00 more they could send me 6 triggers. I’m so fed up with them. They ripped so many people off and are clueless about doing business. They could have just told me upfront they could only send 6.

But anyway. If you could recommend a where to start with replacing the remote and a good one that I can install that would be a good place to start.

1 Like

100 lol that’s a couple! for a VESC I would recommend the soon to be released Torque ESC from torqueboards or The Stormcore 60D from Lacroix. All you need to hook it up is 4mm bullets, have you looked at my build thread. (would prefer you ask me questions there)

Then just pick up any good esk8 remote, I use the VX1 but #fuckflipsky i’d rather have a hoyt puck or a freesk8 remote.

On the battery I’m using dirt cheap spim08hp cells in only 6S and it’s very fast, Once the motors are upgraded to the SK3’s at nearly half the KV I bet 6/7S would still be fun.

Hi! Well, finding your boro center wheels nowadays is nearly impossible :slight_smile: I have been thinking about upgrading the board by adapting the new Freshies https://summerboard.com/collections/summerboard-accessories/products/the-freshies

Do you think that would be possible? Of course, it is possible but I mean without changing too much stuff from the board.

Thanks!

1 Like

adding this should be a crime either skate or bike