OFFICIAL WARNING: Boosted Boards 2.0 Battery Fires

We strongly urge all riders with 2nd generation boards to stop riding and stop charging them.

First Samsung note 7 & now this official press release from Boosted boards… Hope they get to the bottom of this issue

Gizmodo Article:

2 Likes

Wow. This is like the first time this happens to Boosted

Unlike Samsung, this doesn’t seem to be a flaw with the cells themselves. More likely how the BMS is managing the pack.

1 Like

Yeah. That makes the issue a lot different. Hopefully Boosted can fix this up quickly and not have to recall lots of boards… they are already taking a huge hit.

Ah that was good haha!

1 Like

thATS SO FUCKING FUNNY… WELL DONE

3 Likes

The references😂, I’m dying of laughter!

1 Like

Omfg. That’s epic! Rofl :joy:

That was funny but should have left politics out of it though

2 Likes

This is very different than the Samsung battery situation, luckily. No fires, and only 2 cases of venting. Hopefully there aren’t any more problems!

#fixboostedbatteries #stoptrump2016

3 Likes

#fixboostedbatteries #stoptrump2016 LOL, u rock my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we leave the politics to reddit, please!

3 Likes

https://images.bigcartel.com/product_images/172116640/IMG_20160125_191623.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

24 Likes

It would be soooo funny if you are not german because then you know what he really says

Does anybody know the cell config in the “extended battery” (199Wh) Boosted Board? Have they moved from LiFePO4 to Li-ion?

Please please please keep this on topic.

It is thread about boosted boards battery issues.

2 Likes

Hard to tell… They charger is outputting 50V now. That is odd for charging a 10S Li-Ion and 12S LiFePO4 pack.

Maybe they switched to 12S configurations.

A lot of posts on here are off topic. Let’s try and stay on topic please.

Lol sorry for going off-roading. This thread is a repost btw - so maybe should close the other thread I posted on here a few days ago since this one seems more popular.

Personally I’m glad @onloop is investing in BMS prototyping - these safety concerns are real, if the diy community can make a safer product than boosted that would be a coup. DIY batteries are also much bigger than boosted.

@Pantologist mentioned in the other thread that he thinks this is a result of the new higher voltage chargers meant to charge the extended batteries and the BMS.