Ollin FreeRide Re-Curve

Might be because the deck doesnt allow for much ‘natural’ cooling due to the thickness? Unlike our enclosures (ive got no clue :man_shrugging: )

1 Like

I mean, running 12s5p 30q, I would set 25 bat max per vesc. That is pretty low demand. You spread the load, makes everybody have to work less and still get tons of power increase.

If @chaka thinks heat sinks aren’t necessary in this application, I trust him. I think it makes sense.

It will be fun to run telemetry to see the numbers!

8 Likes

3 piece heatsink? Middle heatsink can have the proper standoffs.

We will see, I have actually used this model without heatsinks in a dual configuration and didn’t get any thermal throttling with factory settings. When I have more time I will start modeling some ultra low profile heatsinks since having some thermal mass is a good thing for the long term health of the direct FETs.

3 Likes

Not saying that no heatsink wont work, it will, but for a given time. The more thermal mass the better

4 Likes

That’s always true. Mo Mass Less Probs!

2 Likes

Great job thinking ahead :grin::grin:

I’ll probably never own this deck(I’m broke :joy::sob::joy:) but it’s greating watching it take steps becoming better and better

1 Like

The tolerances will be tight but I think it won’t be too difficult. Just stoked to see it will be possible to run a quad in this deck and still run 60 cells!

5 Likes

Absolutely! It will be really fun to test out the 4wd 90kv @torqueboards DD on this set up.

Talk about a sleeper beast build. I get chills just thinking about it!

7 Likes

youre all the right amount of crazy

borderline visionary

i like you

7 Likes

A little update, getting closer to completion! We are almost finished pressing the bottom shell on all the decks. In this photo you can see one of the decks with the bottom shell already attached and a first look at the holes for power cables and balance connectors. The top side shell will be attached soon and routed to fit the aluminum top hatch.

We apologize for the longer than expected production, please rest assured that we are working as hard as we can to get these out to all of you who have been patiently waiting.

knockouts1

17 Likes

@OllinBoardCompany Hi. Been following this thread deciding on my next build. If I were to place an order today on this beautiful deck, what’s your most realistic timeline given your backlog at the moment? Thanks in advance!

Jason

Hey Jason,

Thank you for your interest in our hollowcore deck! Right now we are concentrating on getting our first batch out, this is our main priority. Our second batch will not take nearly as long since we are done making changes and have managed to work out any production issues.

I encourage you to continue to follow our progress on this thread as that will give you the best idea of how we are coming along. If you are really interested in one of our decks I would suggest getting your order in sooner than later to ensure you get one as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Is that just 1/4" ply layers?

Any updates? @OllinBoardCompany

@ROFEN13 The inner core is made with laminated layers of Baltic birch.

@Eboostin We continue to move along. The cold weather has drastically slowed down our cure times on the epoxy. @chaka has installed a pellet stove in the shop which is starting to speed things up again.

I should also announce that we have other veneer choices in stock. If you want something a little lighter or darker than the standard teak, let us know. image

14 Likes

Any progress at all ? Reckon we can be expecting them before January?

1 Like

How many people had to google pellet stove? :raising_hand_man:t2:

2 Likes

The only heating option for our student villa in the cold german winter :smile:

I had to DIY it myself too. Soo nice and convenient, much better than a wood stove

2 Likes

Any updates and ETA? Happy New Year!

1 Like

Any updates…? @OllinBoardCompany @chaka

3 Likes