One motor significantly warm. Other motor cool

I’m running a dual motor set up and one motor is significantly Warmer than the other. What gives? Setup is dual 6s FVT esc and sk3 6355.

Check belt tension or really any kind of friction / mis-alignment that could cause that motor to do more work because of mechanical resistance.

Yea I double checked and they are at the same tension. But I was thinking something along those lines.

If it’s not that (mechanical) it’s a short in the windings my guess

1 Like

Swap just the two motors around, and see if the problem follows a specific motor or not.

1 Like

I feel like an idiot. I re checked the programming and a couple of settings were different. One had very high timing while the other had normal.

Which timing was on the cooler motor?

My settings are very low, low, normal, high, very high. The cooler one was on normal the warmer was very high

I did read today that the motor gets hotter with a high timing and gain a bit more topspeed while a low timing gains more torque and stays cooler but has less top speed.

1 Like

I don’t mean to revive a dead thread, but I’m having a little trouble with this myself. My single drive motor (63mm 170kv motor with 12s and an OESC) has been warming up between my classes and I’m not sure if its an issue worth pursuing. Still cool enough that I can touch it just fine, but warm nonetheless. What is the timing setting y’all keep referring to?