Only one motor will spin on my dual motor build

Hi so I finally got my build working for my board after I was having issues with my remote not connecting (vx4 fs) to my esc (makerx dv4s). When the motor were spinning I noticed that only one of the 6384 motors were actually spinning when I would use the remote. I checked vesc tool to see if it was the issue with the motor, and the motor works fine when I swap the phase wires to the other set of three on the esc, meaning that one side of the esc is detected but does not control any part of the motors? I was wondering if this was an issue with the esc and how I could go about fixing it.

You MUST run the vesc tool where it spins up both with sucess readout when done. You cannot just run each side seperately. I faced this problem for days.

If you’re talking about the motor configuration I did do that but it failed. Both motors do work though and I got the an error from the vesc tool

wHY DID IT FAIL? Must answer that.

when I ran the motor configuration I got this error from the terminal. https://imgur.com/a/bTVckB8

try a legacy version of vesc tool.

Hey man i just saw this idk how old it is but the esc works the same in rc cars and sometimes when you run dual motors or even one motor you have to swap one of the 3 wires out for a different color on the motor thats not working and keep swapping til it works or goes backwards and when it goes backwards swap the opposite wires and your in business if you really want me to explain how it works i will i just feel like no ones going to see this im about to start a build with my 32 landyachts drop cat and you should see how small the motors are im putting on it they came from hobbyking so did my 30 amp escs

Solved: My makerx d100s would also only power one side despite successful motor configuration.

Disconnect the remote receiver from the vesc, set up your uart parameters, write config, disconnect, shut down, reinstall receiver, and it should work. Seems there’s a conflict that occurs if you try setting up uart canbus forwarding while the receiver is plugged into the vesc.

1 Like