Outstorm longboard remote type

I have a Outstorm longboard 42 volt 31 mph. I want to switch to a new remote. 2.4 GHz remote so I can have Longer range away from board. Has anyone figured out what remote type it Currently uses and if I could change or boost signal of current one?

Try a hoyt St.

hmm is it getting interference?

1 Like

I checked out Hoyt st… I think there remote would be great. I will have to contact them to see if it compatible with my board or if I can can change receiver to make it compatible. As far as interference goes. I am not sure. The problem I have is the board is made in China and there is zero customer support and information specifications ect… I contact the dealer I bought from and then they contact manufacturer.

You most likely need to change (v)esc to access/exchange the receiver. It will also most likely have a generic chinese esc with everything potted to prevent water damage.

1 Like

That’s what I have been thinking. But I’m not yet experienced enough to do that. Unless you can find someone to do it for me. I might be better off just selling my current longboard and buy a Hoyt St. board.

1 Like

I mean if your current board doesn’t have a port for the remote to plug into, you cannot really switch it. This will not be true in some edge cases, but it’s likely not upgradable

1 Like

I found that there are boosters for the 2.4 GHz Transmitters. But I can not figure out what I have. I took a part transmitter and found no helpful information. I measured antenna wire and it is 50 mm long thin wire. I am going to try again to get information from manufacturer.