Payment for help Battery won’t switch off (start at post 42)

I think I may have wired the balance wires backwards. I’m going to check with bestech on the wiring diagram to see which is the B1 and which is B12 pin. If I did do it backwards, did I screw up my BMS?

Can anyone verify the balance order in this picture? I wired the one with the arrow as B- but it may be B12. Can anyone look at this picture and lemme know which pin is B12? Its the Bestech D223V1 with 13 pins.

1 Like

I guess I was too out of it to remember if I checked the voltage between balance wires before plugging in. For some reason between B7 and B8 it goes from positive to negative voltage. Do you know what this means? If I measure between the first and last cell with the BMS plugged in I get a positive 37.7 V but it’s still negative only between B7 and B8

Ok this has been solved. A nickel strip had come loose and broken the circuit. I feel dumb that it took so long to find out.

So my battery turned on and now I can’t get it to turn off. This video shows it best. I tried different indicators and used a multimeter to verify that the voltage is what the indicator is reading on the video.

Hey Chase i remember i had a similar problem and not sure but i think you need to have the vesc connected.

In my vase i tested the battery with the bms and the eswitch wont turn it off… had no idea why and after i connected my vescs and everything it worked as intended.

I can only imagine that the bms has some state capacitors that wont go to 0 if there is no load connected.

Another thing… test with multimeter the voltage will be more reliable than the indicator.

Thanks for the reply. I confirmed the voltage on the indicator with a multimeter. I just filmed the indicator because it was reading the same, and easier to film. It’s stange how when I plug in the charger it reads like 18 but when it’s notnplugged in it’s zero. I gotta say I’m a little nervous about plugging in any of my foc boxes to a battery that isn’t necessarily working yet.

if you try to charge your battery will it go further than 0 ? or it wont vharge at all?

If you connect the charger is normal to show some voltage because is getting the voltage from the charger… but if you measure your battery and it says it has some voltage and from bms output is different then there is still something wrong with the bms.

I assumed this is not the case since you tested the on off.

It shows that it charging (gaining percentage) until I unplug it then it goes back to zero. I show it somewhere in the middle of that last video I posted.

yeah but you need more than a few sec to charge the battery that.s why i asked.

Hmm im still thinking

so then again what is the problem right now ?

The battery is discharged or charged ? Will it charge ? Do you get same voltage from bms outpus as from battery ends ? Or the bms just keeps it on and never cuts the power ?

The battery is partially charged and will charge but it always goes back to zero % when I unplug it from the charger. Yes I get the same from bms output as battery ends until I flip the switch off then it bounces back and forth on the bms voltage output.

Also the indicator I’m using won’t light up the green led background like it usually does when it’s plugged into a working battery switched on. The green light only comes on when I switch it off and it blinks as the voltage is bouncing back and forth.

its labeled behind the pins

where are you measuring to get a discharged voltage? bestech bms needs to be on to charge

From the xt-90 output. I turn it on when I try to charge it.

For feature refference plase dont test with charger pluged. Because mainly is irelevant since you are not measuring the battery but also the charger so im not sure what you expect to see.

Can you make some pictures with the battery and label the cells in series and then with the bms something clear so we can understand where each wire is going ?

Also tell us again (with the charger Disconnected) what is the battery voltage and the bms output.( with switch on and off)

Sorry im asking you to do this again but im sure is something small that we are missing.

Cheers.

I’m just thankful that you are still trying to solve my issue. I’ll be posting those diagrams as soon as I get a chance this week. Thanks again.

-Chase

Haha no problem man i know how annoying is to have a problem like this.

Here are the diagrams on how I developed the battery. I also currently looking into shorts as pointed out. Thanks again everyone.

1 Like

Finally solved. I got a PM from @spei suggestting I check some of the solder joints ton the underside oft the bms that appeared to be close and possibly causing a short. Thank you everyone for your help.

Chase

1 Like