Pegs like a bicycle

@squishy654 Is your daughter 100lb? :slight_smile: just a joke

We do get the idea of what you mean, but one would get better chances of riding in “tandem” by having the passenger on his shoulders or attached as a backpack. :smiley:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20181225-083752_Chrome this works too. cut it shorter and have a carabiner at each end. bit cheaper and easier

Brought my wife home from the pub… only a mile, my board survived! She stood behind with her feet next to each other facing forward so that she didn’t resist my turns… 140kg all up weight on tb218’s

1 Like

Come on mate, just a little light banter. Please accept my humblest apologies for the trite and basically heartless comment to what will probably turn out to be the innovation of the year.

You go for it girlfriend!

5 Likes

Single post with a flat spot extending out the rear. Just enough to rest the rear foot on. Passenger front foot in front of the rear truck and holding on to the front person. Maby a screw in stud like the sword board has. IMG_20181224_135057

4 Likes

“Teleports behind you with a swordboard” “Nothing personal, sk8rboi”

2 Likes

Just have them lay down on the board and stand on their back

3 Likes

Why has no one yet mentioned the Quinny longboard stroller? It’s perfect for this! Everyone laughs at your grown-ass friend in a baby seat, and you still get to look sort of cool. http://www.quinny.com/meet-quinny/news/longboardstroller/quinny-launches-the-longboardstroller/#electric-skateboard-electronics Quinny_Longboardstroller_Review_Header

2 Likes

Force caused ( ~1500N ) by a weight of two people ( ~150kg ) isn’t all that huge. People dancing on the boards put higher loads on the board / trucks.

Take a look at mountain bikes. These things are fucking strong and are rated only up to ~100kg. That’s because 100kg person jumping on a bike can easily put down forces magnitude higher than the force caused by the gravity ( F=m*10, where m is a mass in kg and 10 is rounded gravitational constant ). So even if you put 3 people on such a bike and just cruise down the street, it will be fine.

Now back to the boards. There will be a higher stress put on the drive train to achieve the same acceleration, of course.

Also, because you have to move a bigger mass, you need a bigger force = stronger magnetic field in the motor = more current = more heat in the motors & reduced range.

Trying to control the board while sharing it with someone is a different story. Without any accessories, the only way I can think of would be to let the person jump onto your back and ride like that, although dealing with such a high center of mass would be interesting and your knees/back wouldn’t be very happy either. Anything else I can think of requires really good coordination with the passenger.

1 Like

I actually want one. For me and my daughter.

3 Likes

I think that would be very hard to turn on due to standing so far to the back of the board with your feet so close together

According to the site’s pictures you ride it sort of like a scooter and lean left or right, and the turning radius is comparable to your average longboard. That doesn’t sound too bad to me.

1 Like

Love to see you get that by the wife. Excuse me darling just taking our precious 10 month old angel out for a skate. Let me know how that works out for you.:rofl:

3 Likes

A much better solution is to always carry around a penny board and tow your friend!

I have a short piece of PVC with a rope threaded through it tied to my backpack so when I am on campus and see someone else on a unpowered board I can give them a tow!

2 Likes

Of course with how slow and short range most Chinese electric on boards on the market are, I should be giving those riders a tow too!

4 Likes