I posted this on reddit r/ElectricSkateboarding but didn’t really get much response.
Here is what I posted.
"I want to make/convert my longboard into an electric, what DIY kits would you guy’s recommend?
- I am about 90 kg (200 lbs)
- I don’t need much top speed I’d rather want torque.
- I want a decent ride time (out of each charge) though I don’t really know what is considered decent
- I don’t want to break the bank
- I have a 3D printer (if that helps lower the cost)
- I was thinking about using my RC car transmitter (unless that’s not considered safe/good practice)
- I’ll be using it on paved bike/walkpaths.
I think that lists up all my points, like I say I have a 3D printer but not sure how useful it will be in this project, if 3D printed motor mounts are strong enough etc."
I own an ebike and two batteries for it they are 36v 8.7 Ah pretty bulky but could be mounted on top of the board. I guess they could be run in parallel but was hoping one would be enough since they are pretty big L: 17 cm (7") W: 10 cm (4") H: 8 cm (3.1") Weight: 1.90 kg (4.2 lbs) Also don’t want to ruin them since they are used on my bike
What would you guy’s recommend for a first build? I said on reddit that the budget was 300$ but that seems way too optimistic. I’d like to be able to start “small” and have the option to upgrade if I really get into the hobby.