Please enlighten me. First 12s FOC build. DRV Fault?

That sucks man I’ve been wanting to go FOC but have not because I’m scared this will happen and my board has been rock solid since I built it.

No, I’m saying go ackimaniacs 2.54. It’s fool proof. I’ve yet to get the ride quality on any other firmware/version.

I’ve probably ridden the 10s FocBox in FOC for maybe 150 miles with no issues except the the initial two DRV errors, same one failed twice, I think it was a bad batch. but no issue with that one some far. I was thinking this was a 12s problem.

@mmaner ahhh. I used ackmaniac 3.10, just downloaded 2.54. I’ll try that

1 Like

I’m also running 12s

1 Like

If he spun up in FOC after setting up, how would he have erpm limits?

@barajabali ran 12s Focboxes with no issues so I assume these wouldn’t have a problem with it

2 Likes

You made sure to flash the 410_411_412 bin correct?

yeah, under the “Hardware Version” I selected “410 & 411 & 412”

Can you still run Detection in either FOC or bldc? Or is Detection also giving faults…

I’ll reflash again tonight when I get home and see what I can do

Still scared of doing it haha. Not saying it won’t work but I’ve seen this happen often enough to keep me spooked I know @Deckoz runs them at 13s and it’s fine for him.

Maybe once my Raptor comes in this week I’ll mess with my board I don’t want to be rideless if my focbox blow up.

While this is true… I typically do my detections at 4s or a lower voltage, as detections can be…well… interesting. Not necessary by any means… but just something I do…

2 Likes

Visually, does anything stand out? I’m not seeing anything.

I reflashed the FW, rebooted and when I tried to detect motor, the motor made a slight click noise and I see the red led

@JohnnyMeduse is that flux or a burn?

1 Like

I was looking at that too.

Could be but they aren’t using water base flux, so it should not affect any of the electronic.

@Mikenopolis Can you tell me if your FOCBOX constantly flashing fault lights or only flashes at initial startup and then stay at blue or blue & green? Also, on which firmware you are currently at? Have you tried using BLDC tool to check? Instead of VESC tool?

No it flashed when I throttled just a tiny bit. First fault with ackmaniac. I reflashed the firmware back to original. Attempted to start over and detect motor and it flashed red

Have you tried it using Enertion’s BLDC tool with Enertion’s FW?

hmmm I don’t think so. I used the old bldc tool, the one vesc tool from vedder, and ackmaniac which everyone said was superior. I’m think it was either the 12s or FOC that caused the fault.