Please help i rode thru slush

Hi all…so i rode thru some slush a few months ago. Board shut down and would only come on for a split second and then turn off again. Plugged in charger for a few seconds, removed, and it came on and stayed on. However after a few minutes of riding it shuts down again. Itll only come on for a split second unless i plug in the charger and unplug. Then the problem repeats…dies after a few minutes.

I noticed one motor gets ever so slightly hotter than the other motor…but neither get all that hot.

Its a 36v 11000 samsung battery with the dual 1650w motors. From china. Mountain board style. A couple years old.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated i miss my ride. THANK YOU

1 Like

Take it apart and photograph the BMS

2 Likes

Sorry what is the bms? I will take apart tomorrow and post pics.

1 Like

It’s the circuit board attached to the battery.

2 Likes

Be careful and don’t accidentally touch any metal or battery pieces with metal.

2 Likes

Or just take a photo of the inside without moving anything

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. But why did you kill my cuz? Interesting

1 Like

Thank you its good to be here. Its more of a question. Will you killmycuz?

Thanks for helping…pictures coming soon…

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Do you see any evidence of where water entered?

I’m not seeing it at the moment, but it’s easier to see sometimes when it’s in your hand.

Do you know how to solder?

1 Like

I suck at soldering but have done it successfully in the past. So i went over all the seals and looked at every component in there with a bright LED light and can see no evidence of water getting in. Its all clean and all the connections are covered with shrinkwrap and zero discoloring anywhere. I feel safe saying no water got into the whole compartment. Water did get on the motors i know that for sure. Not a lot but some.

1 Like

Physically take the two yellow wires off the switch and hold them together and see if it stays on or not. If not, solder them back onto the switch and put silicone or shrinkwrap or something over it.

2 Likes

Do you ever spray electric cleaner on stuff? Asking for a friend…

Those parts are so small I’m not sure I could solder them back together. Could I just splice the two yellow wires together? I’m pretty confident I can get those wires reattached afterwards

Only in my mouth

Sorry I wasn’t that clear in saying what I wanted to try. I would rather cut the yellow wires Midway to test. Then I wouldn’t have to solder the tips of the wires back onto the switch

That works too. Lol

1 Like