POLL: UNiK 35° RISERS ... who wants them?!

Thanks @kane! Quick question, i’m getting these for an AT build on a 34" Potato deck. These angled risers fit all Trampa trucks i assume? I’ve not decided which trucks to get yet.

It’s my understanding that’s correct, but I don’t know for sure. That’s really a question of @okp.

yeah, but I can run a batch for MBS Matrix as well. I did designed both version last year

Damn! That’s great!

Now, MBS or Trampa… anyone able to help me decide?!

Might help you decide the kind of suspension to go with it. Trampa uses their springs while the MBS Matrix pro II’s use their damper things(Sorry can’t recall the exact name).

MBS supposedly lighter than the Trampa but I don’t know by how much. Checking the Lacroix posts you’ll find a comparison and discussion as to why the decided on the MBS for the Lacoix DS660 custom completes.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Signed up as i interested

2 Likes

7 people! I’m excited to see what you guys will be building.

2 Likes

It’s pretty exciting because we’re almost there! Just another three and this becomes a reality! =)

3 Likes

Bump

2 more ppl

2 Likes

I do want a set but $300 is steep. I understand there is cost associated with this so not discrediting the work.

Maybe it would be cheaper to have these welded

I hear you, but you might want to consider there is a real possibility this is a one-and-only opportunity. When I first saw these risers I had the same reaction as you … “they’re just too expensive.” So I put some money aside over about 3-4 months and when I was ready it was already too late; all the risers were already sold and there were none left. So I created this thread. It’s been a PITA and I won’t be doing it again, but the only reason why I’m still here is because of a very slim hope it might be successful.

I’ve already thought about alternatives, and if this all falls throught I’m going be making my own design from a lump of metal and a blowtorch … it’s not gong to be pretty. :grimacing:

1 Like

I just read every comment in that thread… wow.

1 Like

If you make this out of three steel or aluminum plates and then weld them together the cost would be much lower. Top plate, bottom plate, center plate. Design for pieces to be fit together then welded. Cutting could be done on a waterjet or plasma. Maybe add a couple ribs for added strength. Make sure you get a competent welder

thanks for the feedback. I’m going to investigate this. I usually get everything milled out of solid block of AL7075 and get a nice anodized finish. That’s what I have started when making my parts available without compromising strength and quality.

By looking at how the ESK8 scene has evolved in the last 4 years, I also think that price can also be a perception. I’m a huge supporter of helping people to build better boards at the right level of price so ESK8 is available to more and more people but on the other side, these risers will last forever, can be sold while still keeping their original value whereas some other parts that cost a lot of money too (wheels) will get old over time.

Builders usually don’t care “that much” about price but a lot more about fairness and balance knowing that here, the main driver would be price… and if we can manage to get more people into this existing initiative, everyone will benefit of this at the end (and the price will be lower)

4 Likes

Bump, 3 more to initiate!

2 more needed

I personally am put off from these just because of how prohibitive the cost is. I imagine I could get one of these machined by a friend.

I’m gonna take a stab at redesigning how they’re built, in an attempt to make a cheaper design. I don’t expect it to ever be built but I figure it’s a little relevant given all the price discussion.

1 Like

I would like to buy one if it´s available…