Problems with Enertion Wheel Pulley

I wouldn’t do it.

the bearing is what holds the pulley flush against the wheel. Its a flanged bearing as you have probably noticed and when inserted correctly this pulley will rest its bearings against the wheel bearing and hold the pulley in place. Removing the center bearing and opening up the hole so that it can fit over the truck hanger will probably result in the pulley misaligning if not backing out while you are riding. It will likely begin to rub on the motor mounts and cause unusual wear patterns and cause the belt to travel and may result in belts skipping if not breaking altogether. This is why all of the pulleys that don’t require truck modifications are the bolt through style. And given that the mold injection points are almost never ground off of these pulleys, it might actually hang up on the belt tension bolts and cause the wheel to lock up and street your face.

I suppose you could use some kind of industrial strength epoxy to permanently bond the pulley to the wheel but then you can’t just swap out your wheels which usually don’t last as ling as these pulleys do in my experience.

Thank you for your advices and considerations, I won’t remove the pulley, just added a bearing

I don’t really like chopping trucks because of a pulley, so I’ve created my own pulley with aluminium, it seems to be aligned after 30km of tests, what do you think about the 3 bolts and not 6?

3 is fine and is what is recommended for torqueboards pulleys, good job!

1 Like

Thank you Jinra! So 3 bolts are enough :sunglasses: not so easy to make it with a drill press, but I was satisfied at the end :blush: