Project LACR | Globe The Maiden Deck | Enertion Single Drive Propulsion | Turnigy SK3 6364 190 KV | VESC 4.10 / Turnigy Sentilon 100A | 24V 10AH Zippy Flightmax Lipo Packs

@Justin By means of working, it should work though I haven’t tested it yet. Because this wireless nunchuck seems to be compatible with various Wii products.

However when I opened the receiver, the wiring are different than the Nyko Kama (Uses different colors of cable and different poles position). It took me about 5 - 10 minutes to figured out the rewiring.

Currently just waiting for @chaka to send me new VESC as well as repair my broken one. Then I will make the report of it.

Okay I am enforcing RDW and or the ministry to move Electric Longboard in the special moped category. It could be done, but there are also specifications that special moped has to have. It’s quite a lot but doable to fit into the board. You can read it here in Dutch.

http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0035848/geldigheidsdatum_05-02-2016

If you be able to complete all of this in your board, no cops can stops you and as good as it’s approved with VIN number, literally this give you the flex to get your electric longboard insured and are able to drive in EU without problem.

I will still contact RDW for new and better information. They are quite slow with their emails, only get answered every 3 days :frowning:

Would be nice if you could provide a picture of the wiring from the madcatz nunchuk.

Madcatz Nunchuck RX module

Small Marking of the VCC & GND only

By using multimeter and this diagram from (endlesspehere)

I could check and cross reference the pins on the Madcatz Nunchuck Board.

Here is the wiring diagram of the Madcatz Nunchuck with VESC 4.10

1 Like

Interesting, those look nothing like the ones I have. Mine doesn’t have any cables or anything, the plug for the wiimote is directly soldered to the board along with the other components.

Seems they have different revisions as well.

It doesn’t matter that much what the differences between each remote, as long as you can figure out which cable goes to which cable. It’s really pretty easy to do with a multimeter to determine the connections.

I checked the pinouts a number of times on mine to no avail, tried with a board that plugs into the wii connector as well that works with the Kama but not with the two z-chuks I have. So there’s definitely differences between the revisions same as with the Kama. You got lucky with yours, I didn’t, but I ended up getting two wireless chucks for my Wii in the process anyway, so it’s not to bad :wink:

Madcatz won’t work with the VESC natively, the app SW would have to be adjusted/rewritten due to some protocol differences. The current standard Nunchuk app was designed for Kamas.

Can you create a thread for that? Would be helpful!!

Ohh well… My VESC is broken at the moment so I can’t test it yet. But it could be that only Nyko Kama are working.

@elkick can you explain in more details what should be rewritten? Has anyone got it working?

I really like the streamline small black Madcatz design compared to the Nyko Kama, however if this doesn’t work I might try to get the small torqueboard remote or the enertion remote. sighh…

The Nunchuk app for the BLDC-Tool needs to be changed significantly to make the mad cats and others working. And as long as the nrf Nunchuk solution is working (see Vedders blog) I assume that not many people would want to work on a less efficient solution.

@elkick, I checked Vedder’s blog for a post about the nrf nunchuck solution. Couldn’t find anything. Maybe I missed something. Please help.

Maybe someone with a MadCatz Nunchuk can test this: http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26

Sorry, it not in the blog but on github: https://github.com/vedderb/nunchuk_mod

I will definitely test this, but first thing I need to know. Does flashing or reprogramming require special device or it can be done with just the usb port. Because I’ve seen in Vedder’s video before he uses special thing to upload it.

This could be a big problem for me as purchasing this device would probably cost more tha just getting a second nyko kama.

Lately nyko kama wireless nunchuck are quite rare to find. They are not even available anymore in their own website. Getting the black version is even harder.

I think we just need to reprogramm the implementation of the nunchuck, compile this modified source code and just upload the new firmware through the bldc tool (there is a point named “firmware” where we can upload it)

The only problem at the moment is how to implement the MadCatz Nunchuk.

Well from my point of view now, I would only go the extra mile if I have my vesc on hand. I will test it with madcatz nunchuck the model I have with it. If it doesnt work and I have plenty of time, i will try to compile it.

I understand what Vedder NRF solution is. He created a new pcb board build like VESC, but its a replacement board for a nunchuck. Its a good solution, but again manufacturing problem for common people.

From time, effort and risk perspective, it simply better getting new enertion remote or the mini torqueboard remote. This also limit random drop out issues, bugs and shorts.

For now Im going to look for some chinese remote supplier if they can send me good remote for electric longboard to be send to eu.

You could also go with the Wii Nunchuk. It is cheaper than the enertion remote and has a cruise button as well :wink:

Yes but wiinunchuck is known for it’s dropping out issue earlier. Not sure about the current VESC version and firmware if it solved it already.

I thought the dropping connection problem occurs due the usb connection. It should be fixed if you solder the cables onto the circuit board and a jst-xh connector