#Project Lite Electric Beer Hey Guys. This is my first build and I have done a ton of research in the past week. You guys have a lot of good info and I have finalized my parts list. I love longboarding and currently have an aluminium Beercan Boards Kegger DTP 40" and want to convert it to an electric board. I’ve seen it done before and the rails that go underneath seem perfect for mounting parts.
#My goals are…
- Top speed of at least 25mph but no more than 40mph.
- Range of at least 15 miles but 20 miles would be nice.
- Have enough torque to carry me (145lbs) up some hills.
- (optional) Look fresh
#My worries are…
- Will I be able to set up my VESC and charge my batteries without anything exploding
- Is my gearing ratio (36/16) 2.25 with my 83mm wheels going to pair well with my 245kv motor.
- Is my battery (Two 5800mAh 5s 25C LiPo batteries in series) going to carry me 15 miles.
- Will the Tacon Bigfoot come back in stock?!
#Parts ** = BOUGHT**
- Board - Beercan - FREE
- Motor - DIY 6355 (230kv, 2650W, 12S, 80A) - ($90.00)
- Battery - 2X ZIPPY Compact 5800mAh 5S 25C - ($128.32)
- ESC - DIY VESC - ($99.00)
- “#Mech Kit from DIY” - ($245.00) Mount - # Single Motor Mechanical Kit Trucks # 50 Degree TorqueBoards v2 Trucks Wheels # 83mm 76a E-Power Longboard Wheels (Black) Drive Pulley # 13T Motor Pulley Wheel Pulley # 36T Drive Wheel Pulley Belt # 280mm High Torque Timing Belt
- Controller + Receiver - WiiMote - $65
- Charger + Balancer - $30
Total cost : $657.32
Edit 1 (7/20/2016) Changed the motor to the DIY 6355 because the Bigfoot is out of stock.
What do you guys think? Anything I’m missing, any input at all would be awesome! Thanks.
My Board! The Beercan!