Pros & cons: 10s4p vs 12s3p

I have the same concerns but I decided to go 12s. Going to check on whats the safest settings to go for. I think a properly configured vesc would save the batteries and motors even on 12s

1 Like

As worried as I am about my focbox, I think I’d be really disappointed if the board I was building had me stuck in the mid to high twenties. Not that I want to go 35 everywhere I just want to be able to do it when I want to.I

1 Like

Also I know I won’t have to touch my batteries for the foreseeable future on 12s cause I’ll have enough to supplier beefier vescs or motors that do come out

1 Like

Yeah I think there are a number of builds right now doing fine on 12s so I do plan on checking their settings and using them as a jump off point if i dint just outright take their values as is

I’m glad @psychotiller is a super patient awesome guy because I’ve changed my mind on my battery several times a day over the last week. He’s answered every question I had and it’s just waiting for me to pay him to start my order at this point. Guess I’ll have to message him and tell him I change my mind yet again lol I think… ha

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been asking @psychotiller alot about enclosures for the hummie deck that can double stack the 12s5p and he’s been cool about me asking despite not placing an order or anything so I can’t help but commend him for it!

Honestly if I could’ve ordered the battery pack and enclosure from him I wouldn’t even give it a second thought but shipping battery packa from US to Asia is a tricky business which he also says so himself

1 Like

Yeah I was going to go for a stacked battery but then I realized I could get 60 cells in there if I mounted my speed controllers topside. Went ahead and grabbed the Dual heat sink enclosure for them

1 Like

Those are the dual enclosures by @Kug3lis?

1 Like

Yes. It’s super clean and the pictures really don’t do it justice. I was surprised how Compact and small it is. But I was also surprised how small the FOCbox are.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’m actually considering the heat sinks so I can still mount it underside and make a cutout in whatever enclosuee I end up going with. Can’t doubt the high quality stuff that @Kug3lis makes

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but im thinking of buying either a 10s4p samsung 30q pack or a 12s3p pack. I have a 4.12 vesc and a 149kv motor. Im worried i wont have very much speed with 10s, but i want reliability from my vesc. Will 12s3p and a 149kv motor be pushing the limits?

1 Like

Should be all good I was also running 149kv 6374 from turnigy. Basically so long as motor rpm stays under 8500 with typical magnet/pole arrangement then can just divide 8500 by the kv to get max voltage you could apply before going over 60k eRPM which causes the DRV to blow pretty often it seems. You’d be safe up to 8500/149 = 57 volts 12S fully charged lipo cells are 4.2 x 12=50.4

1 Like