Pulleys Falling Apart

I am not sure how this happened, but my TorqueBoards wheel pulley has fallen apart. Today on the way home I suddenly heard a rattling. I took the wheel off and realized that the lip on the wheel side of the pulley had literally fallen off. I couldn’t find a thread on this, and was wondering if anyone else had ever had this happen and what would be the recommended way to put the pulley back together. I think the lip and the pulley were just press fit, but am still amazed this happened.WIN_20181009_18_32_00_Pro%20(2)

Occasionally, it happens. Send us an email and we’ll send you a new one. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, this has happened to me a couple of times. The lip doesn’t do much it your belt is aligned right

2 Likes

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

It’s not even needed if your belts are aligned ccorrectly. In fact I take them off the motor pulley most times as it make maintenance a million times easier.

4 Likes

If you want to fix it and make it better, buy a steel shim ring with ID of the lip and 2mm thick. That’s what I did on mine 40T Screenshot_20181010-024544 I think it was this one

IMG_20181009_130448~2 This is how it looks

1 Like

Thanks all for the replies. I am going to try it without the lip and see if it stays aligned. Thanks @torqueboards for the offer to replace the piece. You have been awesome in replying quickly and getting all of my problems fixed.

1 Like

@C23 you should be fine just align your motor pulley so it doesn’t pull off-track. Flange is just added but it isn’t necessary.

Ok, I will do that.

I superglued mine back on :joy:

It’s not even needed if your belts are aligned ccorrectly. In fact I take them off the motor pulley most times as it make maintenance a million times easier.

Agreed! They also increase the stack width of the drive, important if you are designing a drive with limited width. The wheel does a fine job of keeping the belt tracking fine even with less than perfect alignment.

1 Like

I didn’t realize other people had this happen too! This happened to me and it freaked me out because I couldn’t figure out what it was and going 20+ mph on an eboard while something is ratalling around under your feet is a little unnerving. I took the ring out and haven’t had any problems since.