PWM controlled Brake light controller [Open Source]

Nice job, it’s a good start, dude. Didn’t try it yet but, by code review, my advice would be to implement a Schmitt trigger :slight_smile: Pretty simple and efficient to solve threshold issue (blinking around threshold values) on PPM.

If you need help, I can give you my code, it has light ON/OFF separate from braking light by using events system.

4 Likes

Ok, so if anybody is still interested here we go… just a little update:

So right now I have three beta testers ( I think :slight_smile:) @mmaner @b264 and @Bor.inc . I still need to resolder the capacitors bc the solder paste didn’t melt properly… I’m still looking for two more (maybe @pjotr47 ? :wink:) After those tests were successful I’m going to organize a small GB for people who are interested…

Just out of curiosity… What option for updating would you prefer? An external FTDI breakout board or an integrated one (maybe even USB-C; but that would increase the price a bit) :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading :smile:

6 Likes

As long as it’s waterproof, I don’t mind either option

3 Likes

You want it waterproof?.. :sweat_smile: I could conformal coat it which should give make it waterproof but no guarantees… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha yeah ! I am in :slight_smile: I have just finished my project for my trampa lights that I can control with the nano x. But I have a small penny/longboard in progress that want some lights :blush:

@Mich21050 do you have tested your board with the nano x? because after some testing, I have discovered that after pressing + -10 seconds of the second channel button the receiver on channel 2 goes from 0v to 3.1v. if you press the button again for 10 seconds, the 3.1v goes back to 0v

2 Likes

Any electronics under my deck must be water resistant imo

2 Likes

How have i missed this thread until now… Very cool. I want

2 Likes

Btw: Video is going up as soon as I get my goddamn TB trucks…

3 Likes

I saw that edit

1 Like

Alright. I can conformal coat them upon request… :slight_smile:

1 Like

External FTDI

Cheap, easy and dead simple.

Easier to assemble, less complexity, less to go wrong, easier to troubleshoot.

1 Like

Nope. I don’t have a nano-x… :slight_smile: But would you be so kind and test it once you get your board… :slight_smile: @pjotr47

Haha I saw your tracking from the shipping… you don’t want to know how long I have waited on a package from the US…

2 Likes

Yeah no probs! I can test it for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright… I will stop complaining… :joy: What did you order/where? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It were the parts from the groupbuy with hyperion

2 Likes

Looking forward to it! I will print the files you have on thingiverse tomorrow just for fun and try them out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait… WHAT? If you press the ch2 button instead of a PWM signal it outputs a constant voltage? :slight_smile: @pjotr47

Yeps 10char

1 Like

Are you sure? Do you have an oscilloscope to verify that? You could also use an Arduino… :slight_smile: Because that would be an odd behavior…