Raptor 2 Custom hanger for better cooling

Have you considered rounding out the edges of this hanger? Would probably improve the overall look of it. Just a thought :smile:

There is some sacrifices that are done one the prototypes to keep machining quick and simple. When and if there is a final design I can spend more time on esthetics and toolpaths to make it look more like an production unit. It might never come to this tho as it was really only meant to be a hanger for myself :stuck_out_tongue:

If I can cut production time when a “final” design is around I can order special tooling to do the radius we want on it and optimize stuff more so it looks nicer :slight_smile:

Here’s a Photoshpped one with rounded edges for fun. 26e4cc5c6eeb1cf9d7f0760435987b1b6447e870_1_690x458

3 Likes

So after a ride you got grill for bacon :bacon: and eggs lol :joy:

7 Likes

And the Grill Hanger was born!

5 Likes

from How do I add temp sensors to a motor and wire them to a VESC? - #18 by lrdesigns - ESK8 Electronics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

Also from Ideal Thermistor/Temperature Sensor? | VESC Project

I believe you need Vesc-Tool firmware to read the motor temperature pin.

2 Likes

Haha. Worst thing is that it would prolly be effective. but I think it will limit travel on the truck…

Lol, I didn’t mean round out the actual design, I meant with your current design, round out the edges so it’s got no sharp edges.

That takes a lot of extra machining time and is for aesthetics mostly he is making different versions as fast as he can to test what works best so he’s not concerned with aesthetics yet.

1 Like

When did you get the raptor 2?

Oh I didn’t order one, I just like the topic of this thread. This is a very cool hanger, looks like it’s much better than the R2 :smile:

2 Likes

Stupid question about baseplates. Is the distance between the pivot cup and the kingpin the same on all brands? Looking to replace my old “generic” one with a surf rodz for this project :slight_smile:

Did we descide on a width for the extended version?

nope. id like to know what other baseplates match as well.

I use them on some random noname baseplate I had lying around. Ill check dimmensions later. Is it the distance from center of kingpin to end of pivot thingie and then lenght/diameter of the pivot thingie you need?

dont bother for me thanks. i dont remember the details on the measurement and just know what i use works with paris v2. Id like to know what baseplates are compatible with the v2 hanger really

Why did not you make a wider truck? That Enertion truck is too narrow! :anguished: It almost look like one of those used for downhill. While you are at it, why don’t you make a larger one, a really wide truck? If you do, you’ll take the Raptor to another level. At the moment it looks ridiculously narrow with those beefy wheels. Right now, Raptor looks odd… and unstable. Why continue with that trend? Come out of the box. Your truck is incredible, but still narrow as the original one. Take a chance and you’ll do a killing. :ok_hand::grinning:

2 Likes

Enertion’s has same track width as a 180mm truck. To my understanding this is a common width on eboard to? I’m also asking for a width here :slight_smile: Is 200mm wide enough?

1 Like

Anything above 200mm is good. Below that is like you never came from downhill longboarding. Wider trucks are always a must in Electric Skateboarding, because almost always you need to position motors at hanger’s ends, on motor mounts, in between axels, not so much in your case because you will use hub motors so distance in between axles is non important, but still the wheels are too close together (and your truck will be too narrow).

Wider trucks are favorites among Esk8ers. Take a look at popular trucks here… Torqueboards 218 truck, well, is just that, a 218mm wide truck, not counting their axles; Evolve supercarve truck is about 240mm wide (306mm with the axles); one of the most popular, the SurfRodz, the RKP truck version, it also comes in 200mm wide without the axles. These are all very popular trucks here.

Torqueboards 218

…you can even fit iside this truck two of the most (if not the most) popular motors in the Esk8 universe, the Turnigy SK3…

1 Like

With a Wider truck you will gain more highspeed stability. Large trucks are just preferred by esk8er because they can fit our beefy 6374 Motors!

It does Not need to be wider than the Normal one. I have no problems running the r2 at 32 mph with loose trucks. But every one has to decide on their own if they need more stability or just train more.

4 Likes