Raptor 2 | Custom Made Compatible Decks | USA

I made a few more changes to the model. It would be a bit more artistically stylized, but whatever. I think it is good enough for me. What do you thin? It looks happy right? I am still a bit on the fence about cutting flush mounts into the deck, but I’m going to see what happens without them on the first deck. It is going to last forever at 11 plies.

BTW, update coming soon on this, because I just received the focbox unity and the charger for the raptor 2.

6 Likes

update @drangboards? I want to get one for my R2 set up!?!?!?

Me too brother! I am planning on having this deck set up soon, but i might just have to set the raptor 2 up on a raptor deck. I still need to make a CNC vacuum pass through fixture to hold this blank down for cutting and I have to redesign just one aspect of the surface to match the piece that covers all the wires on the way to the trucks. After I redesign, and then make the CNC fixture, I’ll be able to cut the first one, and after that I’ll know how much the board needs to cost, and can start taking one off orders, or get people into group buys for discounts.

1 Like

I am going live in about 15 minutes to finish up the Raptor 2 v1 double kick design in cad, and plan to cut it soon.

I didn’t get far, I have to replace belts on the boosted, so I’ll say another half hour till I go live real quick to button up the raptor 2 stretched street skate deck tonight, so maybe just maybe I can cut it tomorrow, and then my life will be changed.

2 Likes

Never mind, I’m streaming another time.

you done this stream or anything with the baord yet for the R2 set up>?

I am currently in deliberation over what to do with the piece which comes out of the enclosure, with wires. That piece cannot be bent upward very much I assume, so I might need to change that part of it. Might need to put some cable notches in the board too under the trucks.

I have done some figuring and I am certain that the deck I am building is going to have somewhere around 3-7 additional mms of wheel clearance, which is awesome!!! I’ll be able to replace some cup washers with flat washers board,side and/or road side, and get a bit more lean on the board while being able to tighten them up a bit.

I have been riding this board now for long enough to almost feel “used to it”. That being said it still scares me and with how loose I have the trucks even with whatever skill I have riding downhill boards, I can still not keep the board from being overly twitchy under full throttle. I can’t wait to get my 23° PNL baseplate on the back of the board! The new deck may happen this week. If I didn’t have a date I’d be pushing to have it cut tonight, and I still might. I need the new deck.

How many people out there would be interested in a no kick (or tiny kick) DH board?

How about a cut out DH shape, where we can run zero riser, and still get zero wheel bite… I could even do extra deep flush mounts, for a nice low rider. ooooo that will be really nice.

1 Like

I like everything you just said above and am interested in all of it really… lol. Seriously though.

And I always vote for a kick even if tiny or noticeable at first as long as it is a little functional like what is on the jet spud I think is the smallest or lowest profile you would ever want to go… just my opinion.

I want one of those decks cut out for the R2 stuff ASAP though!!! How soon you think I could get one of even prototype one for you maybe to help you with decisions…? I ride mine multiple times daily so lmk.

We can build you one along side the first one I build for testing. I’m sure it will work just fine. If you want to call this one $175 shipped we can build it along side the first one which I pray will be cut in the next 48 hours, so I can test out my theories on drive-ability.

1 Like

I do want it… but at that price tag I would want to have you do your test board first before paying that much to make sure there aren’t little tweaks that you figure out should be done and work out any other little things on the shape or cut outs or anything else that could make the board that much better and already be stuck with the first one that doesn’t have any of the first time rider adjustments cause I’m sure there will be at least a few things that need to be modified… right? You get what I’m sayin though…?

If you were to say “here you are kind of the guinea pig with me on the first board we cut and for that reason you’ll get a intro one time price of $xxx.xx to test it with me” then I would be down with that for sure, but not at $175 when I am basically being somewhat of a tester who will provide some good real world riding feedback and input ya know…?

1 Like

I do believe independent of anyone’s review and before it hits the roads, Iam able to say that this deck is near or at 100%. If you want to wait in case something has been looked over and needs an edit, this is highly unlikely, but feel free to wait. I don’t think this board is going to retail for much less than 150-160. Given the materials and work that goes into it.

5 Likes

more pics!

image image image image image image image image image image image image

2 Likes

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

11 Likes

Lets see the underside of the board!

5 Likes

I think I posted a million pics of it…

2 Likes

K tonight I am going to find out if the deck I made works. I wish you were all here with me to find out, those of you who get stoked on that sort of thing. For the rest who just want to see something they can buy, I know exactly how long it takes to make this deck, all that goes into it, and will certainly be wanting to build as many of these as I can, for those who own raptors and want to feel like they can contact the ground again with the tail without deep fear. I’ll be pulling everything apart, and putting it back together tonight on the new deck. Not sure what I want to do for Grip tape, but I have an idea which shouldn’t cost any money. I’ll get more photos and vid tonight. I did a bunch on this board on instagram live last night, @drangmfglab. Should still all be up for a few hours.

Gonna mess with a few things. I took the throttle curve up to 25% poly ±. Also upped output amps to 66. How high can I go? I’ll imagine for now.

1 Like

hands-down, one of the most purposeful custom decks I’ve seen here. Count me in.

1 Like