Raptor 2 hub or TB Direct Drive(DD) or SwissBoards DD

Are you saying torqueboards united Carvon and Enertion designs? :wink:

1 Like

Why not… DD in front and hubs in the back :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe Swissboards is releasing their DD in next month.

I’m saying carvon has original ideas, so does enertion.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong in taking good ideas to make a better product.

15 Likes

As did henry ford. Innovation is the impetus behind better design.

4 Likes

I might have to call bullshit on this: this is what patent guys say on the internet:

The “All Elements Rule” a very simple rule, which says that in order to infringe, a product must contain every single element in at least one claim of the patent. Look at each element in the claim, as properly construed in step one, and see if the product has it. If you can find even one element of the claim which is missing from the product, it does not infringe.

This is what your patent says:

The in wheel electric motor is missing, thus the patent is not infringed. (I am no expert BTW, just searched on google)

13 Likes

Look, at the end, even with patents, they WILL get copied.

The thing tho, is that you shouldnt care about them, you just keep releasing a better product, and get better marketing. If you cant do that then, change your business plan.

@onloop you own this forum. ever thought of making money off it? there are options like crypto mining when they are on, ads, which you already are doing with enertion and its products.

(plz dont make this website unbearable, otherwise people will just create another forum and you completely lose)

1 Like

Yep. I can confirm. 90% of the motors I’ve received from your company have sucked. Anyone can go to my YouTube for details. Every time I post them here, they mysteriously disappear. Not worth the time anymore. Been rocking some old TB motors for a couple years though. So I guess they might have a bit more control over QC and quality of product. Who knows. I might just be unlucky like they rest of the people I know with an R2. Who’s to say right? Not me of course.

Cool and all. But both companies you’ve mentioned have had some issues producing under the timelines that you both have regurgitated over and over. And with what seems like an inferior product than what was marketed. Considering 2 years were wasted on what you stated were design, QC flaws, and manufacturing problems I really don’t see your point.

Another thing to mention is that TB doesn’t publicly tell paying customers (and prospective customers) to quit bitching when they post issues or concerns. I can explain this in detail also if anyone needs. Between PM’s hangout messages, and email its plain as day. In my opinion, the only thing that your company has going for it is your team. They are pretty cool and respectful. CEO’s such as yourself shouldn’t be posting publicly. You’ll learn some day. Especially when there’s real money at play. :wink:

9 Likes

Thanks for your comments sean.

2 Likes

You’re always welcome dude.

2 Likes

I am definitely not trying to argue, but why did you buy the 2.1 kits if you are so opposed to Enertion in general and have had such a negative experience?

Glutton for punishment?

2 Likes

Same factory as TB motors, this is why we changed.

1 Like

A lot of people here are coming in hot headed or really biased. It doesn’t seem fair to not give items a chance and call them out just for using the same factory! I also want to remind everyone we are a community and we should not put down company’s products because they’re competition.

I think we should wait till customers get their hands on the products and we let the facts fight it out, but for the time being, here is mine:

Enertion has been more open with their motors and what they can achieve. They have been more transparent on their motors than TB has. There is a lack of info on TB’s DD, making Enertion’s hubs, right now , the obvious choice. I also believe we are looking only at the motor’s specs, but there are many other factors in play. Some being: customer service/after purchase help and the company’s integrity.

Customer service is obvious so I won’t extrapolate, but what I mean by a company’s integrity is if something goes wrong or the product is faulty, owning up to that mistake.

6 Likes

Outrunners are much easier to make reliable when compared to DD / HUB - all the engineering & refinement was done by the RC guys years before Esk8 started using them.

I think TB will need to start doing some china trips, at least once, i’ve been there 4 times a year since launching the Raptor 2.

Kind of. It’s like when I used to do stupid shit as a teenager. I just want to see what happens I guess. But responsibly. I also only put $150 of my own cash so it was a deal.

I totally agree. But it doesn’t negate everything I said.

how did you make that happen?

I have a cousin and his friend in the military over seas that bought a raptor 2 with us. It breaks down all the time. He’s got money to blow and wants to see if this new drive will help him get on the road without having to continually send his board in to get fixed or buy a new one. So they offered to let me in on the deal.

1 Like

Bro did you forgot that your patents are not valid yet?

2 Likes