RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Big Update later today.

Sorry for the silence, Have had to make some really tough decision, had to take some time to settle and think about things with a clear mind.

We have a directive now & will send official e-mail to R2 backers in the next few hours.

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait dude. I really wanna skate this board soon!!!

Damn that does not sound too goodā€¦

I am freaked out in a bad way now. Iā€™m hoping for the best though.

not really bad newsā€¦ just difficult situations that need thought

3 Likes

@onloop Woke up and no email, cryptic messages are not good, please advise?

1 Like

OK, so I got the email. For those that didnā€™t, the gist is this:

Sorry that the DIY parts shipping hasnā€™t gone smoothly. Transitioning to Amazon for the Focbox and Nano remote. The Amazon transition will let Enertion focus on delivering complete boards like the R2.

Dear Enertion customers,

First and foremost, thank you to all of the people who have believed in, and supported us from our humble beginnings. From a community standpoint, as well as financially, it is YOU that have made Enertion what it is today.

Enertion has come a long way from being a hobby which turned into an obsession, resulting in the fabulous ESK8-builders community and leading to Enertion creating and selling its own components to the DIY-eSK8 community. As many of you know, Jason, our fearless leader, began constructing his own boards, and was deeply involved in the DIY community, helping others to do the same. This led to the launch of the Raptor 1.

Although it was regarded as a success, the board had some teething problems, and much was learnt about the design, manufacture and fulfilment processes. After 2 years of development we are in the final stages of launching the Raptor 2, set to be one of the best e-skateboards to have ever seen the road.

Set to be one of the best e-skateboards to have ever seen the road Unfortunately, this has meant that Enertion must make the transition away from the DIY-parts industry. We are sad to no longer be selling the mechanical parts to make your own great e-boards (aside from clearance stock), but we want to focus solely on creating the best end-user experiences for our riders on their Raptor boards.

We admit that the transition for this in our business has been less than ideal. Although weā€™ve put our current stock of DIY parts on sale, we have failed in the timely shipment of many of these, mainly owing to the lack of human resources in the packing and shipping department, as well as restructuring of said department, due to the focus on the Raptor 2 fulfilment process.

We are currently in the process of working hard with Amazon to handle our future fulfilment, with the hope that shipping will become much more efficient, and that products will always be available and in stock. We are also happy to announce that we will continue to sell our most popular products, the FOCBOX and Nano-X remote. Nano-X controllers are currently in stock and available for purchase, shipping immediately. The latest information from our factories is that FOCBOX pre-orders will begin shipping early-to-mid July.

We appreciate your understanding during this transition process, and we wish you luck building/riding the board of your dreams!

The Enertion Team

Popped into my email box just after writing my post, lol.

Not a tough decision a good decision R2 is a product that will (dare I say it) evolve and become even better over time.

For me the focus is on quality that will make me return time and time again. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought moving away from DIY has been the plan for a long time. There have to be something more Enertion is going to tell us and Im afraid to hear it :confused:

I agree with Fenox, as moving from DIY has been the plan. With the lack of updates and Jasonā€™s recent posts, it clearly suggests there are issues. Would appreciate the continued transparency on this as the recent events is not reflective of the behaviours I am supporting Enertion for.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure that Jason is dedicating every spare minute to getting on top of the R2 issues and that is why we havenā€™t had an update lately.

Nevertheless it would be great to be kept in the loop @onloop, how about it?

ā€œDecisions are the hardest thing to make, especially when itā€™s a choice between where you should be and where you want to be.ā€

Couldnā€™t agree more, annoying start to my purchase but the transparency has brought me round and I look forward to the updates especially as weā€™re so close to launch!

@onloop its 17:11pm in Adelaide would be great to be a part of a live update for onceā€¦

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m confused. The email only restated what @onloop already has said, has been saying, and confirmed on reddit and this forum about DIY parts and services.

Doesnā€™t really belong in this thread if it doesnā€™t relate to the Raptor2. Maybe he is referring to the delay of FocBoxes, inferring a delay in production of Raptor2s; but there seems to be something else weighing heavy on his soul.

From the email sent.

Updated Raptor 2 Delivery Timeline 14 Units: 1st half July 15-50 Units: Mid to Late July 51-500 Units: Late July to Early August 500-1000 Units: Mid September

Thank you for your continued patience while we are putting the final touches in place to ensure that you have the finest e-skateboard that has ever been made. We apologise for the delays, which have arisen due to several unforeseen issues in the manufacturing process. The reason for this letter is to keep you in the loop regarding the actual timeline for your Raptor 2 delivery, and give you real data that you can base your expectations on.

Firstly, we know that some customers (especially the first 20 of our fabulous backers) are under the impression that their boards are on their way, and are simply awaiting a shipping number to be emailed. Although we have indeed made our first 14 boards, these are still, to our regret, not en route yet as we have identified more issues that need to be resolved before shipping.

Due to these issues production had to stop so that the necessary tooling changes could be done.

Current Production Issues

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/947da884abd94ce4872b0ec29/images/dc2c6223-9269-48a6-8510-e4774c3175fb.png BOX DESIGN NOT SUITABLE FOR WEIGHT

Fault Summary: When packing the Raptor 2 we noticed that the quality of the packaging was not to specification and the product was not well protected. Outcome: Product may get damaged during transit Resolution: Redesign the boxes & Use stronger cardboard Estimated Delay: 20 days Status: Reworking already started 7 days ago

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/947da884abd94ce4872b0ec29/images/47bdcb4d-8d46-4e0a-a435-73be32c43246.jpg BATTERY BOX WIRE COVER

Fault Summary: Beta testers have reported fault occurring occasionally where wire cover pops out of position Outcome: Exposes wires to dirt & debris, not critical but needs to be resolved Resolution: Modify Mold to extend the clip & prevent becoming unseated Estimated Delay: 20 days Status: Reworking already started 7 days ago

INCORRECT CAPACITOR VALUES USED

Fault Summary: FOCBOX made with incorrect capacitors Outcome: Overcurrent fault occurring during rapid acceleration Resolution: Rework / Remake all FOCBOX Estimated Delay: 30 Days Status: Reworking already started 14 days ago

4 Likes

Any way to know which order number you have in the que? I ordered on Cyber Monday so I am thinking I am within the first 50 boards.

My order number is: #8266

Quality is paramount, I would rather wait and know our investment in Jason, Enertion and the R2 is maintained at the highest levels!

I for one can live with these delays. Keep up the good work @onloop and the communications flowing

1 Like

That was what I was expecting to hear. Iā€™ve been so excited to have a good esk8 this summer (I spent my whole vacation savings on it), but if it isnā€™t being delivered before summer is almost/completely over here in Sweden I have to cancel my order. Sadly, the Raptor 2 was the only board that I was interrested in. So I guess with no Raptor 2 delivered and a crappy Evolve with every part broken there will be no electric skateboarding for me this yearā€¦ That sucks. I was looking forward to it so much :frowning:

@Fenox come join me in London for a ride, plenty of summer left hereā€¦will be doing a noice video shoot with one of my director friends whoā€™s about to release another movie starring Keith Allan so you know what the level of quality will be like :wink:

1 Like

Just read the email too. While I was excited to get my Raptor 2 this month, but I understand quality is important so definitely worth the wait! (And fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong :stuck_out_tongue: )

Now a question I had though: Why didnā€™t the issue with the FOCBOX get noticed sooner? Havenā€™t they been out for quite a while now, @onloop ?

1 Like