Raptor riding experience. The good

Dude can you make a movie ? I’d love to see someone blasting with RAPTOR in L.A.

Yes please do make a movie. My hunger for Raptor footage is big, whilst waiting for mine to arrive :slight_smile: :sunny:

As soon as I get my raptor, I’ll put a lot of footage up of me riding and a review.

Exactly what I was thinking, but too hesitant to ask. The day I posted my short vid my computer failed so lost all my editing programs that Id been setting up.

@Photorph I know your wait is excruciatingly long. At least your board should have all the small niggles resolved and you will just be left bombing up hills. You will not be disappointed and hope you post a small post in here of how good it is. Cant wait for your vid review. Where your boosted left you wanting more top speed, the Raptor will keep going. Hope yourve ordered an extra battery or the fast charger so you can go even longer.

Haha sorry buddy, I’ve been following every Raptor related thread on here for a couple of weeks and wanted to get as much info as possible. If my estimation is correct, Jason’s behind on like ~4 months of orders right? Really hoping once the wheels and VESCs come in he starts churning them out like butter. I ordered last week so my wait may last until the end of summer…may be getting another board in addiition so I’m not boardless the whole summer.

I’ll be making a lot of instructional videos when I get my Raptor as I’m sure there’s a shit ton of things to be learned about fine-tuning the experience.

What I’m really waiting for is a video showing the dual+ and raptor dual drag racing – yes, it’d be pointless, but it’d bring in peeps in droves. Jason teased showing the mono wipe the floor with it, but he needs to settle it, the vid would go viral (within the boosted community).

V2 Boosted seems to be coming soon so we’ll see how it compares, I have a feeling it will be something we never expected…or extremely underwhelming (in comparison to the raptor).

That’s the mono bro, I wanted to see the dual against it

Yeah I know… A dual raptor comparo would be pointless

And that’s why I said…

WE know it’s pointless, but people that see that vid may not realize just how amazing the dual is. For instance, look at this statement that was on the subreddit:

does anyone else get the “quantity vs quality” vibe one this one? To me the boosted boards is a lot like the iphone, it was designed with the end user in mind, not flashy numbers that only look good on a computer screen.

This guy has no idea that the numbers flaunted are legit, and just how scary powerful the board is as you guys describe. To see the d+ get left behind in torque, it’s strongest selling point, would let people know that it is no longer a reason to buy the d+.

What he really needs is a comparo with all the major players and thier best offerings…evolve, Fiick, Altered, boosted board, z-board and any others that are names in the small world of e skate …also throw in stary board, Mellon and Mellow boards M1…heck the list is getting bigger …Now That would be an awesome video…

There has got to be a way to get most of these boards in the same parking lot for one weekend

Of course there is, it’d take some time but doable.

My point was right now the d+ to most people (not in the DIY community or aware of the wide array of other eboards) is known as the best when it comes to power. They couldn’t be more wrong of course, but they’d need to see evidence that it isn’t. Comparing it to the dual would silence them. Then they’d wonder why they’re paying $1500 for a board that is nearly 10mph slower when they could be getting one with more than 4 times the range. Though right now I don’t think Jason need a lot more orders when he still has a lot to fill, it would be nice to see.

Its marketing and we all know it…the DIYers ignore it and call Bull shit on all the marketing … Because we’ve built them

Maybe if you are talking “off the shelf”…maybe boosted board is the most powerful but i don’t know how off the shelf boosted is…

Eh…silence them? Let them talk and we will just build better ones…and when we encounter one on the street…we will leave them in our dust lol

For sure someone needs to do an epic e board review … That video would get a crap load of views

True, keep the goodies to ourselves : p

I felt the same way initially when I got the BB, NO one around had one in my area. I felt like a unicorn in a sense. Cool feeling. Then after a while I started feeling embarrassed when I started noticing just how slow I was really going once I got used to the speed. Also how often cars try to speed around me. All of this ultimately made me want more out of an eboard.

I will admit though, I honestly don’t want the raptor to spread like wildfire, most people can’t handle being able to go 20, let alone 25+… There’s always someone getting really badly injured on the BB sub, couldn’t imagine what it would be like if they had this board.

On a side note, if there are more comparison vids made, they should break the boards it into categories: commuters, high performance, portable, etc. Because one board can’t do everything.

Injured on BB… I blame marketing again…they make it seem so easy…turn it on…step on the board…and GO! And you get to your destination cool as cucumber … They forget it’s a skateboard not a last mile ev vehicle … I hate when they market the boards like that …

I guess you can categorize…it’s funny …we are talking differences at the max off 10 mph…maybe G forces should be a factor?

One thing I thought was really stupid was the lack of their own safety videos or any type of “quick start” type thing. They provide these in the form of a manual but of course very few read it. Much easier just to post the vids to their main channel and people would be more likely to watch. Make it even required when registering the board.

Lol it’s not so much about speed or torque differences (although they do play a role), but also the weight, battery life, deck, wheels, trucks, etc. So many different things that can make a board ideal for one thing but not for another.

I would just like to say that after doing repairs on these things and test riding the ones I’ve fixed, both dual and single drive… FUCK YES SCARY FUN!

Jason has a killer board here, and i know as soon as whatever issues are left to resolve are finally resolved, he’s probably going to completely own his target demographic.

Hearing things like this are what reassure me my money was well spent :slight_smile:

Like I said, once people both see in person / on video how much the board slays all (popular) production boards out, he will have orders out the ass (for those wanting better performance).

Guys a little bit off the topic question. New Raptor lid has 6 screws right ? I mean less then then the first batch ?