Re-Re-Rebuild my boards thread

It’s alive, it is now rideable. Well it’s ridebale around my house. This think is so smooth on start up, I’m pretty sure the esc runs foc because I don’t get a single stutter and I’m running sensorless

1 Like

Well shit, the seller who I ordered the 12s bms from has forgotten to actually put the bms in the packet. So I only received a 12s jst, just want I wanted. Let’s wait even longer now :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2: Or maybe I’ll get them to ship express.

Anyway I tried making the case for build 2 today and it didn’t quite go to plan. I don’t think I ended up getting the plastic hot enough the first few times so I couldn’t pull it down over the buck. So instead, I just got the heat guns and heated each side then held it down with a ruler. It turned out subpar at best but it will do for now.

I’ll get some pics up soon

1 Like

I will soon paint the enclosure black as I couldn’t get black plastic since it was out of stock. I will also get one of my mates to weld the motor mount onto the truck as I’m sick of this stupid thing, once that’s all done and I get the bms I’ll go and get some grip from my local skate shop.

As for build 1, well it’s gonna be a while. Stupid bloody seller, damn it. Anyway the Vescs are setup, the mounts a pretty much done just need some M6 nuts, the caps are finished and I’m only waiting on a bms, antispark from HobbyKing, and some more heatshrink for those phase leads, oh and risers cos this thing gets mad wheel bite with 97s

More picks. And yes that is a burn mark in the middle of the deck, don’t ask how!

1 Like

Board 2 is now rideable, it just needs a bms so I don’t have to use balancers and I might weld the mount on still. Apart from that I’m quite happy, just need some grip tape.

1 Like

So he sent you a bms without the bms?

Yep… he replied once now he isn’t. I might have to file a claim.

It was a packet with 1 cable in it and that’s it, IDK how you forget something like that

Edit: He has offered to send me a new one, at least he wasn’t trying to actually rip me off

1 Like

Little update, I made the front panel that houses a voltage meter and power switch. I can’t decide if I should leave it white or paint it black, atm I like white.

Thanks @Deckoz for the idea of using an as150 bullet

3 Likes

It’s been a while since the last update and I have finally pretty much finished the drive train. The clamps and mounts I made are actually really sturdy and they sit a lot higher from the ground than the old ones, although they do sit a bit lower than I would like. I am going to try and wedge the rear truck slightly to try and gain a bit more height. I’m not sure what this will mean in terms of stability though, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

Ok so I haven’t updated this in a while and I’ve jusg made a few minor modifications that should be the last ones (except I still need to grip the board)

After my mate welding the mount it managed to vibrate loose probably due to only a small bead. This time I got him to weld all the way around and I think this thing is definitely not coming off now, we also glossed the board while we were at it.

I also got a new battle scar to the case from coming up the edge of the driveway to sharply :frowning: Oh well scars make you look cooler I guess :wink:

What BMS did you use on the 5 lipo build? You have a wiring diagram for it? Dimensions of the batts? Looking to duplicate this setup for a short board.

I might go 3x2S for 6s on that build, but still considering all options at the moment.

I think the pack is about 40-50mm long and the bms was one off eBay, although I would recommend a big one that has a higher balancing current.

I highly recommend 10s for a nice cruising board that still has moderate range and power. Another option is 3x 3s for 9s and the pack will be a lot shorter and more compact for a small build

where did you get the sprockets?

I got them off ebay, they were $15 AUD, but I ended up also ordering new motor sprockets as the original ones made the gear ratio 1:1.9, the new gear ratio is 1:2.7. It has plenty of torque

the one with the 4 holes already drilled?

Yes, I re-drilled the holes out to 7mm and it works fine, but I eventually going to 3D print a pulley holder for flywheels

1 Like

Build 2 is finally finished and working fine for the time being, although I might change trucks and mounts in the future for aesthetic purposes, I finally got around to gripping the top.

IMG_1649IMG_1650IMG_1648

Board 1 is also almost finished, I just need to attach the enclosure and possibly paint it. If you guys see anything potentially problematic let me know, 2 sets of eyes is better than one!

IMG_1654IMG_1651IMG_1652IMG_1653

What colour should I paint the enclosure? what do you guys think will look good? Let me know

1 Like

Broo that’s so clean. :star_struck:

Damn that Awol deck… do want

Did you ever paint the enclosure?

@Superflim Thanks man

@Skunk Nah, I never ended up painting it, I have come to actually quite like the plain alu look