RedEmber Boards Club

tails?

I think partial gripping is cool, but the tail is definitely not a place I’d partially grip. That’s the second place I would apply grip

I have a caldera sitting in packaging as of Friday, I’m waiting to order an enclosure from @psychotiller before I move everything over to it.

Dual 6374, 10s3p 30q, tb218 with upgrades bushings, Tb reverse mounts. I’ll be making it convertible between AT and street

3 Likes

I won’t be gripping the ends of my mas deck since it will have a abs and printed cover with a light. The rear also has an abs cover. I don’t think I would grip the ends of any of the RedEmber boards personally. None of them are kick tails. But hey to each his own right.

1 Like

I use water based spar for everything because it is an easier clean up. What I do is layer of spar with glass while it is still wet. Then let it dry completely then do a layer or 2 on top and it is good.

3 Likes

I have one RedEmber chasm. 12s4p 30Q with superflys

7 Likes

@treenutter can you wedge the truck mounts? Similar to Evo?

Was dreaming about a bludgeon with +7 front -15 rear, in tiger maple, with an iron stain(rusted steel wool water react with tannins). But think your utilizing only one press with different deck shapes?

4 Likes

@Deckoz that sounds like a sweet deck! I haven’t designed anything with wedged truck mounts yet but I’m considering it. I can cut molds in-house, so it’s possible.

8 Likes

Haha doesn’t it?.. If you ever decide you want to take on wedging, you let me know @treenutter and I’ll commission the build. I love your work. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@treenutter I would be down for one of these as well. Group Buy?

3 Likes

These are all drop decks bro… If you skate on top the drop…that’s just weird… And I need video lol…

Just sayin :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Also @treenutter just a side note in case you were wondering about the wedging choices I made above

Rakeless end result on the Evo was 53/35 Rakeless rear with +3 raked front is 59/35

With 50 degree trucks, the wedging I mentioned 57/35 (+7/-15) puts it smack dab in the middle to make it tuneable for a stable directional electrified platform rakeless or raked. Anyway PM me if you ever decide to experiment with truck mount wedging :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe possible to adapt the press to offer a variety of camber of the tails, in theory removable press wedges top/bottom pointing opposite directions on each end

Sounds awesome :call_me_hand:t2:

I’d be stoked to join the club later this summer if you’ll have me

3 Likes

Wait, that’s not how I’m supposed to do it?

3 Likes

@Deckoz thx man, I’d love additional input when I get started on this design, I appreciate it!

@banjaxxed what I’ll likely do is design my own series of molds and cut them on the CNC router I just finished building. Of course you’re welcome to the “club!” DM me on IG if you like something you’ve seen!

3 Likes

Great! I’m after a @Deckoz collab board based on the Evo,so this will be a reuse of the same design.

When the form is worked out I’ll hit you up with a DM to go over specs:veneer, stain choices and spurious elements for no good reason,thank you @treenutter

Hopefully you won’t get too upset about the hood ornament!

3 Likes

Its officially in my grubby paws!

Now if only my batteries would show up. :frowning:

13 Likes

Teeeeeechnically it’s not a Red Ember Board , but it’s a Red ember PaintJob , and Paint job is an understatement. , sanded , stained, dyed , and clear-coated.

5 Likes

Slapped trucks and wheels on to feel the feels.

I’m not liking the bright yellow cores. I might have to make covers to disguise the hubs.

9 Likes

or just make it 4wd and your gear spacers will cover the cores…

1 Like

You could dye them with ritdye? Nice ride