Remote options seem terrible

torqueboards has them, or on ebay here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Remote-Controller-w-Receiver-Electric-Skateboard-Longboard-2-4GHz-US-Seller/172680052651

Ughā€¦ have to calibrate min and max EVERY time you turn it on.

I find it so hard to believe the remote area is so lacking as it is so crucial in my mind. Give me a remote that has a rechargeable battery, I can look at both remote batt and board batt, auto offā€¦ etc.

Maybe Iā€™m just spoiled by Boosted but these seem like pretty obvious features to have lol

1 Like

Yea thatā€™s the one bad thing about the remote, though Iā€™ve gotten used to just fiddling with the throttle every time I turn it on now. The only thing I really care about is reliability which the two remotes I use now are delivering. With 10s4p I never really have to look at my battery levels, and the battery on the remotes lasts for weeks.

So what is the list of remotes that donā€™t have to be calibrated every time?

Only the Nano v2 and Nano-x have this draw back.

i donā€™t know if someone posted this, looks cool

2 Likes

The new genesis remotes are copies of the boosted remote, and are specially designed for the genesis boards. They have haptic feedback and a nice grip

You are thinking of the quanum remote. It is terrible, the pots drift constantly. The GT2B is the most reliable option out right now. Pair it with the Mad Munkey enclosure and you wont be disappointed!

2 Likes

Seems like trigger style would be really bad considering it is natural to tighten your grip when getting squirly. No?

First thing you should do is learn to fall, you donā€™t want to make a fist when getting personal with asphalt and you also want to make sure you are not making unintentional movements from fear or panic. It is second nature for me to get my palms out when things go sideways. Having a puck in your non throttle hand is also a good idea. A trigger style remote feels more natural and offers less fatigue. Above all else the gt2b has proven to be the most reliable connection.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s also the Mastercho Mod that works with the GT2B internals. No USB relocation required. 15% Carbon Fiber reinforced ABS filament. :grinning:

By far the best remote, the forgotten remote: the Wiiceiver. This remote is the best for one reason: cruise control. Itā€™s so easy, just hold the trigger finger button to cruise. For 90% of my ride, my grip is closed around the remote, no lifted fingers. I can swap hands without changing speed. Itā€™s also ergonomic and has an extra button for customization, like powering lights. Ha I sound like Iā€™m selling them. Doesnā€™t the vesc have a built in wiiceiver? I donā€™t know why people stopped using them. Iā€™ve never had the dropout issues others complained about.

As for new remotes, Iā€™d like to see one built into the housing of a flashlight. Like those cheap aluminum led gas station flashlights, with a joystick on one end and flashlight on the other. Oh and with a digital speedometer and battery gauge.