Replace rotor/motor housing on 6380

I am having some serious friction in my TorqueBoards 6380 motor, and after taking it apart it seems to be the motor housing rubbing on the stator, which appears to be because the housing is out of alignment or squished. All the magnets are still solidly held in place, doesn’t look like the epoxy is failing.

I want to somehow fix the rotor I current have, or replace just the rotor, as it seems like this would be MUCH cheaper than buying a whole new motor (not to mention wasteful), but I have no clue how to approach this, or if it possible.

Any ideas?

Photos

1 Like

Shaft looks bent. I’d recommend replacing that motor with the exact same brand and spec as that one. What kind of shape is the other motor in?

Technically you could just replace that shaft but if it turns out that magnet can has been damaged or bent at all just a new shaft wouldnt help. I can see where the stator has been rubbing at least one magnet from the pics.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is when you have to replace the motor itself since the whole thing was damaged and is now scraping with each other as @kavic5150 said.

If however you can replace the motor can and if the stator isn’t bent itself, then you might be able to fix it by replacing the outer can. But not many vendors sells the can separately.

1 Like

Yep, my main issue is in sourcing the can. I’m pretty damn sure it’s just the can, but there is not much I can do except replace the motor. For now in just going to use the motor till it dies.

2 Likes

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer and asking if they’ll sell you just the magnet can and shaft?

Yep, they said buy a new motor.

2 Likes

Yup. That’s usually the answer. I’d buy from flipsky tbh.

1 Like