Scammers are out, beware esk8 suppliers!

HI GUYS,

We have been busy with the deliveries and inventory and battery building to be on the forum lately. But we had to stop and report on some fraudulent activity we have experienced on our site. I know most if not all use PayPal for most transactions and its a great pay platform, we also offer credit card payments and may change that due to recent orders. The system we use flagged the purchases and there where 4 in total and nothing was shipped out. We at hyper ion systems can’t stand thieves, it goes agent what we stand for from both sides as a retailer and a customer. We would just like to bring some awareness to this issue and I will post a list of email and names used to make these purchases.

AND AMANDA IF YOU READ THIS THANKS FOR THE REVIEW (WHAT GAUL) THE ONLY TRASH INVOLVED TRIED TO MAKE A ORDER ON MY SITE WITH A STOLEN CREDIT CARD… AND NEW PORT POLICE KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU…

17 Likes

I run an online store on the side and have upwards of 15 fraudulent transactions a day unfortunately. We’ve learned to just be brutal with anything that looks even slightly fishy. Cancel, refund, move on. Every now and then I’ll get an email from someone asking why thier order was cancelled but its like 1 in a 100. It’s just too easy to scam smaller, trustworthy stores.

Keep safe, don’t let these leaches eat your margin.

1 Like

The name is “Professional Redunder”. Even Amazon has issues with these people.

I recently had one of these as well for a very large order. Please PM me so we can exchange (non sensation data) like email to see if it’s the same person

1 Like

Damn there is a known group or person doing this and police have no been involved?

Humanity is sad. I don’t understand how people can be this awful. A few years ago I saw a staff at a restaurant take out her phone to take a picture of a customer’s credit card. Manager and police got involved and we left.

I had this happen a few times too unfortunately. It is something that may be very hard to spot. Another very annoying and frequent thing is attacks of mostly Russian origin (no offense). I dont usually talk about these things but I received a few emails from @yandex.ru domain and after about 10 minutes the site was shut down and back-office passwords reset I later confirmed the connection between the emails and the attacker. It is a fairly easy thing to solve, just kick every user accessing your domain and turn on “emergency mode” on your server (hosting) that is pretty common these days. There will not be allowed access to your website by anyone, your hosting provider should contact you via phone and scan your voice or verify it is you some other way. After that you will be given a new password so that you can reset all the other passwords and get your website back up and running.

Freezing your paypal/bank account is a nobrainer if you suspect any major problem or that someone took control over it.

These things are not avoidable, you can just prepare for it.

i have also had some credit card transactions @ Street Wing flagged as likely fraudulent and auto cancelled by my processor recently

Thanks guys for the support. It is sad. I will pm anyone the list I have so far. The platform we use is great at spotting high risk transactions. Like you said you can only prepare for it. By keeping people here on the forum aware will help and I will share non sinsitive info to other venders to be on the look out for . All of ours has come from the east coast.

3 Likes

It’s an all too common thing with smaller online retailers (like myself). I’ve become used to cancelling small transactions where Shopify - the ecommerce framework I use - spots even small inconsistencies. Fortunately I supply a fairly narrow industry base and it’s easier to identify fraudsters chancing their luck with a stolen credit card.

Seems they like to test the info on independent websites, before using the card for a bigger ‘purchase’.

Took me a few hits before I wised up to it I’ll admit, an the PayPal Chargeback system never favours the seller even if you’ve done everything in good faith. Suppose that’s fair enough if you’ve had your card stolen, but it still sucks as an online retailer trying to make a living.

Some people really are scum in this world.

1 Like