Segmented Carbon Flex Enclosure for Trampa Urban Carver

changed to evolve tires now and added some cheesy white tire liner for a more sportive look :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

the tires make a better impression than the trampa 7" to me - they are less rounded with a much wider contact patch in the middle, so maybe they actually last longer. they definitely look a lot better than the wheel chair trampa pneus :joy:

ah yea, nearly forgot, the tires are a perfect fit for the trampa hubs (no suprise i guess)!

16 Likes

:smiley: sounds like this thing has been going on for a while… :smiley: and trampa should consider to switching to all black color, as default, if possible :smiley:

that’s clearly one of the sickest build ever. good job man.

Will they fit on superstars wheels? cool

are these the same tires?

https://www.evolveskateboards.com.au/collections/wheels/products/evolve-all-terrain-tyre-7-black-1-x-tyre-only

I almost ordered them until I saw shipping was more expense then the tires…

yea, these are the ones. for me its 50€ for trampa or 50€ for evolve and I kinda like the evolve looks and less rounded contact surface more! looking forward to the polish 20€ wheels!

how can I buy a pair of the polish tires?

@whitepony How are you charging the Segmented Trampa build? From the pictures, it doesn’t look like you have balance leads attached to the batteries, which means no BMS is likely used. Are you charging it directly without a balance charger?

yes he does. On all his builds

I believe he does this on all of his builds, with quality cells he didn’t notice any cell drift.

my god its beautiful

1 Like

“Yes he does” as in including a BMS in all his builds?

Whitepony is known for not using a bms

Another method how to build a nice flex enclosure.

With regards to tires: We use a different internal construction to assure high PSI capability. That ads to cost.

Anyone wanting to make urethane rings: You need a lot of expensive moulds. Once the urethane is hot and ready to be shot, you want to fill as many moulds as possible. Small wheels small moulds, massive wheels, big moulds, big price.

Frank

Whitepony is why my bank account is rapidly drying up…

5 Likes

Man, this build is sick! Hella wanna get those tires in blue. $170 for one set w tubes though… :frowning:

heh, so many messages :smile:

been riding the evolve wheels today - they feel better than the trampa wheels. the reason for that is not grip or anything, but they are more stable against lateral forces when carving. my guess is thats because the trampa 7" wheels are quite a bit more narrow compared to the evolve wheels. ontop of that the evolve wheels were balanced better. had quite a wobble with the trampa wheels despite counterweighting because the tire on the hub wasnt perfectly centered. the evolve wheels were seated really well on the hubs and all of them ran very precise with no wobble at all. too bad they are also quite expensive :frowning:

evolve: very wide patch, quite stable in lateral direction!

trampa: more narrow and more rounded patch on trampa wheels. didnt have a better pictures to compare these two!

6 Likes

Looks awesome!

Where did you find the Evolve tires for 50 Euros if you don’t mind me asking? Everything I’m coming up with so far is about twice that.

@trampa

Would it be possible to get Trampa pad cut to fit the full length of the deck?

bought it directly from evolve germany: http://www.evolveskateboards.de/index.php/shop-buy-online/all-terrain-reifen-und-mehr

1 Like

What pad? 10char

‘Trampa treads’ rather:

http://www.trampaboards.com/trampa-treads-ultimate-grip-for-your-feet--dark-grey-p-1031.html

@trampa