Sensored FOC setup

Please post pictures of your FOCBOX. The T and H3 should be swapped. If your G and 5V are swapped that’s a new issue.

1 Like

OK guys. Totally derped that. Upon a recheck at a more decent hour of the day, I can see my issue is the same as the others. It’s defo the H3 and T not the 5V and GND. My bad.

1 Like

Kind of lame that enertion or onloop never responded to this thread…

I’m finally starting my new build and wanted to be sure on this issue. So basically I just have to swapped these two wires on the sensor wire connector, Blue wire goes to T and Brown wire goes to H3 correct?

1 Like

Yes you can use a little needle or pin to lift the plastic retainer on the JST header and pull out the cable really easily. The convention for the TEMP wire is white, so you could move that to the correct position if you want, but not required.

When in doubt check the PCB, but the picture looks right.

I swapped the two wires on the JST header but BLDC tools was unable to measure the hall sensor. after a bit of thought, I realized it didn’t make sense to swap the wire because the LABEL was made wrong, but the PCB is correct, which means ignoring the label, the wires from the motor to the board would still be connected to what it should be. I swapped it back and everything worked like a charm.

Am I crazy here or does it not matter unless you are putting together your own sensor and own wiring?

Not crazy at all. The sensored motor i bought had a different connector than the connector on the esc. So i had to solder a different end on the motor side. Was very important to know where to put the wires on the new connector.