Short board not for me

So sitting here in the ER, I’ve decided i need to stick to longer boards… and avoid large rocks at high speeds

1 Like

Good luck in there. Stick to the fat tires and wheels! :call_me_hand:

Pad up boys. This sucks

1 Like

Yikes. Looks painful.

I started this hobby off with a short board two years ago. Never again.

2 Likes

If your young and ripping up a skate park there great but if your old like me and ride on public streets it’s better to stick to a long board with larger wheels.

1 Like

Getting a few sutures n the elbow gash and cant straighten the arm. It still doesnt compare to the road rash on my hand.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s the speed that make short boards sketchy. That said I have a Jet Spud that I keep at the office for lunch runs but I never go fast with that

1 Like

Definitely too old for this ER stuff. It wss actually my lunch run too. Camouflaged rock got me wobbly. Never an issue on my41 inch

1 Like

I broke my arm at a skate park back in the late 70’s. Even wearing all the safety equipment won’t keep you from hurting yourself every once an awhile.

I just bought a skate helmet last week. I am trying to be careful. Hope you feel better.

41" deck with 97mm wheels is my choice I can ride straight up a 1 1/2 inch curb no pop without slowing or wobbling at 22mph Shortboards kick like a mule on the streets here in Edinburgh

1 Like

Thanks dude. I have had a spiral fracture from trick boarding when i was young and dumb. I should have paid more attention since it was my first ride with this short of a deck… so while getting stitched up i began searching for a new deck. The eskate gods have made me a disciple in only a few months and a little rock in the road isn’t gonna stop me. Just means i have to start researching a build with tires

Might wanna consider pads too while you’re shopping for a new deck.

Edit: heal up well.

1 Like