Show us your Commuter boards!

Well…that’s the one he uses.

A cheaper, albeit bulkier alternative is to get angled wedges or risers and adjust the baseplate that way.

1 Like

The spud 29 or the bindings or the whole thing? Its a fun deck, not the most meticulously crafted, as the wheel wells are dissimilar. The shape is great though and with bindings its a tank.

5 Likes

The whole thing. My cindrich is wonderful but it’s quite loud and annoying at times

1 Like

Pretty cool looking though

3 Likes

If I was gonna rebuild it Id do it as a single 6374 with a 10s2p 30Q pack using a FocBox in FOC. That would shave about 4 pounds and still have decent torque and range, plus FOC is quiet as a ghost.

3 Likes

This is for commuting 5km to the train. Its 36" 2015 Arbor high ground deck with dual 6065 140kv on 12s. 97mm clones

Important things for me are - Reliable - 100% water proof. It rains a lot here. I even went through a 4 inch deep puddle and was fine! It was dark and didnt realize how bad it was. - Can take sharp U-turns but also stable at 40kph. I have both trucks wedged to 55 deg. The rear truck has stiffer bushings and is tighter than the front one. - Good brakes - Hill climb power.

Yeah its heavy to carry, but I wanted a do it all board.

2 Likes

Nice build, you are inspiring mine.

Those motors are waterproof? How?

Well the bearings don’t like it, they still holding up though. I did disassemble them and coat the hall sensor PCB in epoxy so that it did glitch out when wet.

Damn man waterproof for the win lol can we have some pics of under the board/turned over

I went kinda overkill with the water proofing as I ride in heavy rain and did previously kill one vesc from water when it got in a lunch box. I have 3 levels of water proofing. Firstly all the electronics are in a good quality lunchbox, this keeps out all the water in light rain but in heavy rain or hitting large puddles at high speed it leaks a tiny bit. I put in some paper towel when rain is heavy and it soaks up any water so its not splashing around inside. Secondly the vesc’s are coated in a silicon spray to water proof them, thirdly they are covered in heavy a shrink wrap with the ends hot glued.

You can see detailed pics here.

1 Like

Lol ok thanks

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who waterproofed a TB Battery Enclosure because the bottom is open for switch and display use sooo yeah

I would use some thermal epoxy and glue some small cannibalized southbridge heatsinks on those FETs before coating the esc dude and then mask off the heatsink and then waterproof it…the best waterproof job I have seen on esc’s was with heatshink and epoxied ends with exposed heatsink, it worked perfectly…

One of the only boards on the consumer market that use VESCs

5 Likes

Whichever one of these that is working/in one piece that particular day.

3 Likes

What brand / model is it?

Ben’s board is the Pulseboards Echo

2 Likes

Thanks for reply. It does look very clean made though im not sure is it really the only commuter board with vesc(?)

Im not sure but didnt metro board also have vesc inside?

Plus, I think they now have smaller board too, forgot its name but still, that is if someone doesnt see their current longboard type board as a commuter one

Arcboard uses VESC. My next-gen Banshee is going to use a VESC with single drive 6374. Other boards include the Raptor 2 and Jed.

1 Like