Silly question on best bolts to use for attaching enclosure to board

I am in the same position but for m5 nuts and some bolts that were the wrong size anyway

I have hardware left from the build. Maybe I have what you need.

I stated earlier in the thread that epoxy isnā€™t needed if you drill the right size hole. To apply the epoxy, just put a little on the threads, then screw it in. The only way itā€™ll get inside the insert is if you put a bunch in the hole then screw in the insert.

1 Like

I am waiting on other stuff so not in major rush, thanks tho

No problemā€¦ This missing stupid hardware parts :laughing:

Like which ones? just curious

I used these shorter ones for my last build because the deck was thinner in the areas I needed to secure. Just drilled out a tight hole for it to thread into, and did not use any epoxy. Havenā€™t had one come out yet

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0EV31W

To thread them in a used a tip posted by another member on the forum. Taking one M4 bolt I threaded nuts on until there was only 7mm or less of thread left showing (Not enough to protrude from the insert), then thread the insert at the end, and used the bolt head to thread the insert into the wood. The nuts on the bolt allow you to unscrew the bolt easily without the insert itself backing out of the wood.

Honestly there are a few threads covering this that probably include pictures lol But hope its helps a bit

2 Likes

It unbelievable that seems cheaper to buy from Amazon USA than from EU. I have 5 USD shipping against 5 Euro. I will have a look at Amazon.com

1 Like
1 Like

What country are you from, I think I have 10 inserts but no bolts. Unless if you want m4*10

1 Like

I know it, with shipping 16.96 Euroā€¦:disappointed_relieved:

I have all the possible length for the bolt, I only need the insert. I am in Belgium. pm your offer if you wish to sell it. Thx:grin:

I read somewhere you are doing a spud build tooā€¦how is it going? I wanna see the pics!

1 Like

I have some 8mm M4 threaded inserts zinc alloy. You pay for shipping only. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rey8801

I donā€™t mind if you get it from this guy since I am low on resources :slight_smile:

1 Like

THank you very much! Really really kindā€¦pm you

1 Like

I doā€¦ hereā€™s a teaser, donā€™t wanna hijack.

1 Like

Nice I see you used the unik enclosure and lifted with additional gasket. What did you use? That was the reason why I design my own enclosure based on that on, very nice but too small for me. Please make a thread and share also how the HK motor performs! What did you use to wrap the board? Overall i really like it! Well doneā€¦

1 Like